Would you trade our starting secondary for any other group? (1 Viewer)

No way. These guys are playing great. I'm sure our pass rush is helping them some but they are deflecting and intercepting passes like crazy.

...Roman Harper is finally becoming the player we all thought he could be..

And that's because Gregg Williams is finally using him based on his strengths. He's moving Harper all over the formation pre-snap, and letting him do what he does best -- play close to the line of scrimmage.

Harper has been huge when it comes to pressuring the QB off the blitz. I almost get the feeling he's Gregg Williams' favorite "toy" on defense that he can do a bunch of different things with.

And that's because Gregg Williams is finally using him based on his strengths. He's moving Harper all over the formation pre-snap, and letting him do what he does best -- play close to the line of scrimmage.

Harper has been huge when it comes to pressuring the QB off the blitz. I almost get the feeling he's Gregg Williams' favorite "toy" on defense that he can do a bunch of different things with.

Agreed. We did more of that with Harper in 2006 then in 2007/2008, which is why Harper looked so "promising" then and seemed to fade the past two years.

Fred Thomas' collapse at the end of 2006 and then the subsequent years in the wilderness at the CB position forced Harper into a role he wasn't really suited for. The trust GW can place in Greer and Porter is allowing him to unleash Harper in his ideal role.

Our CBs are having a huge ripple effect.

Question: how good is the Bills' secondary if they could allow Greer to just walk?

the Bills secondary is actually pretty underrated.. they did a pretty solid job against us and that was done primarily with their secondary, they rarely brought pressure that game

which is exactly what i said would happen when folks were talking that "Harper needs to be traded" foolishness.. in all honesty it really doesnt take a genius, play to the strength of your personnel.. and there's not a better cat in the business at doing that than GW.. totally agree on that last comment, Harper is by far our best blitzer and doesnt get mentioned enough when it comes to our run defense

Yeah, you put a round peg in a square hole and it won't fit, doesn't matter who the player is. Just look at Sharper last year playing SS. Wasn't a good fit. Both of our safeties are playing great because their strengths are being utilized.

I'm not saying I would trade, but I think Arizona presents a pretty compelling case: Adrian Wilson, Rogers-Cromartie, Bryant McFadden and Antrel Rolle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom