Would you trade the #10 pick to Atlanta if..... (1 Viewer)

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

the draft went like this....

1. Long
2. Long
3. Dorsey
4. Mcfadden
5. Otah/Claddy
6. Ghloston
7. Rivers
8. Mckelvin
9. Ellis
10. Ryan

Would you trade the #10 pick to Atlanta for their 34, 37, and 48th pick? That would mean that we would have 34,37,40, and 48. Imagine the possibilities!

Or is Ryan too good to take that risk and trade a potential franchise QB to a division rival?

Yea, but no way they'd do it. They're trying to rebuild, not get 1 star.

I wouldn't do it. They would get Dorsey and Ryan in the first round. Then they would still have all their picks after the 2nd. It would essentially be like a full draft with two first rounders instead of a first and a second.

We know that would benefit them but the real question is... how much would it benefit us?

I'm not crazy about it. Wouldn't want to have the 10th pick in a draft and totally trade out of the first.

I think the next best DT on the board would be Laws and he should be there at 34. Then at 37,40, and 48 you could go with a combination of linebacker,corner, runningback, DE, Safety, or even a quarterback. I think the value in the second round is far greater than the first round considering if the top DTs, linebacker, and possibly corner could be gone by 10.

I would do it in a heartbeat

No way you pass on a #10 overall for 10 players being picked pass #34 let alone 4 unless your rebuilding, which the Saints are not.... but Atlanta is......

Yea, but no way they'd do it. They're trying to rebuild, not get 1 star.

rating_10.gif

it is a very interesting idea 4 2nd round picks. And we could probally trade one of the higher ones down in the 2nd a little to recover our lost 4th rounder.
pick 40 for (pick 50 - 60, and a 4th)

it could be possible to end up with ...
2A) Kentwan Balmer DT
2B) Trevor Laws DT
2C) Dustin Keller TE
2D) Eddie Royal WR/KR
3) Antwaun Molden CB
4) Jeremy Zuttah OG/C
5) Gary Guyton OLB
6) Corey Lynch FS
7) Sam Keller QB

but it will never happen.

It would be tempting to trade with someone if Ryan were still there at #10 . I"ll bet Loomis's phone would be ringing off the hook. Say what you want about Loomis, he's a savvy draft day trader.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom