Would you trade the #11 overall pick for an established player? (1 Viewer)

I know this is going to be bad for me, but I'd entertain the idea for Kirk Cousins. I see some Brees in his game and think he would flourish under Paytons offense.

I only say this because he(Cousins) is in his prime and I think Brees is possibly done after next year.

Flame suit on :covri:

I have a question related to your question.

Would the NE Patriots ever trade a 1st round pick for an established player? The answer is no, they would trade down however for additional picks...

So, yeah, no....

The draft pick is to valuable to lose since we are rebuilding

My thought is that the player you get at 11 COULD be a great, instant starter....or could never really make an impact as many draft picks don't pan out . If we could trade pick 11 for a known commodity(defensive playmaker) it might be a good deal.

But like others have said, depends on the player. It would need to be a real playmaker with no injury history, not just an average starter.

A sur- fire, high-end starter at WDE or CB and I would say yes.

RG can be taken care of in free agency and LB can be handled in free agency and the draft.

But a bona fide pass rusher or high level starting CB? Those are hard to find and IMHO, it would be worth getting a sure thing.

That said, the main reason that I would be fine with this scenario is that Drew only has 3(ish) years left and I don't care a hoot about the success of the team directly after he retires.

I want him to retire with 2 more Super Bowl appearances and at least one more title.

Unless a home run pick is on the board, I always prefer to trade down. Accumulate more picks, prioritize adding quality depth on the lines.

...this is just an exercise to see if you would trade for a player or draft a player.

I don't guess anyone is against trading no 11 for the right player at the right price. Problem is, teams don't want to part with that type of player. Almost every FA that comes on the market has baggage, both known and unknown. The latter is the one that worries me most.

#11 for JJ Watt is the only way I, personally, would be happy. Watt and Jordan on the edges = Instant improvement up front and the secondary

Other than that, stick to the draft pick or trade down

I have been scratching my head trying to figure out who you are talking about.

As for "what player are you talking about?" That people keep asking, there is no particular player, this is just an exercise to see if you would trade for a player or draft a player.

Chandler Jones and his former teammate Collins went for a third....

I only mentioned it last offseason about a 100 times that we were stupid not to make that trade...

#11 for JJ Watt is the only way I, personally, would be happy. Watt and Jordan on the edges = Instant improvement up front and the secondary

Other than that, stick to the draft pick or trade down

No way in hell I'd do that, Watt has a bad back and it's been mentioned he may have to retire early b/c of it. He could be done in 2 years

I would say without a doubt yes.

Draft picks are a bust far more often then they work out. Now, it would have to be for an obvious need that is an obvious upgrade, but I would never hesitate to trade and sign FA. It drives me nuts when we pass on solid players and I watch them in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom