Would you trade up in the draft? (2 Viewers)

jarrod74

I may be canadian but my heart is in the Big Easy
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To select myles garret at 1 overall? Is he that good?

No. But I'd do whatever I could to get Jonathan Allen in black and gold. Especially because it would cost less because you wouldn't have to go all the way to #1.

I think he is. And if we did it, I wouldn't get upset. He's the kind of talent that could transform any defense. Would demand a double team or a guy just to chip. Leaving Sheldon Rankins, Nick Fairley, and Cam Jordan possibly single manned?

Yeah. I'm I'd see what the Browns or whomever would give up to trade with us. Probably wouldn't do it. But a cursory call wouldn't hurt.

Garret and Allen will go in the first 3 to 5 picks. If we're looking at DEs, we're looking at Barnett, Lawson, or Harris. I also like Walker from Florida St.

I don't see a reason to trade up this year. Nobody I like that much. Besides, we're a borderline top-10 pick as things stand right now.

We need to see what Draft Pick we qualify for first. I would also prefer not to give up a Second or Third Round choice. I don't see any First Round Choice turning us around immediately.

pruitt1997

If they Browns keep the #1 pick, it's going to be a QB. We could move up to #2 or #3 for Garret, but let's see how everything shakes out first.

We need to see what Draft Pick we qualify for first. I would also prefer not to give up a Second or Third Round choice. I don't see any First Round Choice turning us around immediately.

pruitt1997
I wouldn't say that. This draft has some really nice talent, assuming the highly graded guys all declare.

And someone already said it. This is very much a draft I could see us jumping back into the 1st round.

Right now the Saints are in the top ten. If someone like Fournette drops I'm entertaining trade offers. A stud pass rushing DE would be great, but there are starters at DE opposite Jordan in the bottom of the first round. Outside of Garrett and Allen, I'm not sure there is anyone I'm trading up for at this time.

absolutely yes.

Myles Garrett may the best 43 DE prospect to come out, ever.

he is a must have, i really hope we trade up. I've wanted to draft this guy since he was a freshman. i'd give up anything to move up to that pick.

that being said, there are some other good prospects available. Vonn Bell's S partner Malik Hooker if Byrd is let go is considered a top 10 pick, a top 10 talent OG from Notre Dame. and others.

Jonathan Allen is a great player, but he plays the same position as Rankins whom we just drafted. And Onyemata and even Fairley for that matter. He would be a wasted pick, I doubt he is our choice.

Myles Garrett is definitely top prize. wow, i wouldn't even need christmas

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom