• No

Votes: 82 82.0%
  • Tacos? Tacoes?

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

Patman255

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Let me lay out a draft day trade scenario that I used using the NFL Draft Value Chart from Walters Football (Walters Football Site: NFL Draft Value Chart) as a guide on realistic draft pick trades.

Suppose picks 10 or 11 roll around and Lane Johnson is still on the board (conventional wisdom would say that San Diego at 11 would be the obvious suitors of Lane's talents) - would you trade:

Saints 1st Round Pick (valued at 1050)

And

Saints 3rd Round Pick (valued at 195)

For

Tennessee 1st Round Pick (1300) or San Diego 1st Round Pick (1250) (note: it might would require our 5th round pick from this year or next year in order to make the deal work perfectly)

in order to move up and take a pretty sure-fire player to play LT for at least the next 4 years?

I have to be honest with myself - with the Saints' draft history under Loomis, it just seems a lot more likely that we move up in order to take a player that we really want than we are to stick around and someone else make a move to trade for our pick.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone, and would trade down with anyone still there.

Lane Johnson kinda scares me. He was barely a first rounder before the combine, now he's top ten just cause he ran fast?

Pass.

No way.

No how.

This. Our main concern should be picking up a defensive game changer, and there will be some very good choices at 15.

We can still get value later in the draft at LT, we don't have the picks to just toss around freely to make these kinds of crazy trades.

We've given away picks every year and it hasnt done is much good. We need to build through youth to maintain a winning organization.

We've given away picks every year and it hasnt done is much good. We need to build through youth to maintain a winning organization.

We were 13-3 only a season ago and we won our first Super Bowl ever a few years ago

Whatever we are doing is working

Trading up for a player that we need like a LT is risky, but so is sitting at 15 praying someone falls that we could use

We need a LT any way you slice it....if we can get a top tackle without mortgaging everything, it's worth the risk

Lane Johnson kinda scares me. He was barely a first rounder before the combine, now he's top ten just cause he ran fast?

Pass.

That's not why he jumped at all....he rose in part because Eric fisher rose, but also because his footwork and agility impressed a lot of people

He looked very natural in pass protection and pulling drills. He always kept his butt low and kept his power underneath him....in every single drill

Lane Johnson didn't jump up draft boards cuz he ran fast, he jumped up draft boards because he has nfl feet

No. We have so picks in this draft and have had so few picks in the drafts over the last four years that it is not an option. If anything, we need to trade down.

I would rather take BPA at 15 and use next years picks to get back into the late 1st or early 2nd if one of the guys we have an eye on falls.

That's not why he jumped at all....he rose in part because Eric fisher rose, but also because his footwork and agility impressed a lot of people

He looked very natural in pass protection and pulling drills. He always kept his butt low and kept his power underneath him....in every single drill

Lane Johnson didn't jump up draft boards cuz he ran fast, he jumped up draft boards because he has nfl feet

C'mon man. People just happened to not see those NFL feet until after the combine? I'm not saying he won't be good -- I'm just a little nervous about the way he's being sold. Reminds me too much of Chaz Brown.

C'mon man. People just happened to not see those NFL feet until after the combine? I'm not saying he won't be good -- I'm just a little nervous about the way he's being sold. Reminds me too much of Chaz Brown.

No....he was already a round 1 talent....his combine just helped escalate him

He looked better up close than he probably did on film. It happens a lot actually...that's why Eric fisher jumped up draft boards too

Lane Johnson can be a good tackle in the league as long as he keeps getting stronger....some people consider him to have a higher ceiling than joeckel and fisher too

He has some downsides...but so does every other pick in the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom