Would you trade... (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our 1st rounder (10th overall) + Hollis Thomas or Brian Young

FOR:

Albert Haynesworth + Titans first rounder (#24 overall)

I believe thats a great trade for both sides. They get a starting DT, save their money, and move up high enough to draft a difference maker.

I believe a deal like that could really happen, at #24 we still are very likely to land Jenkins, Cromartie, or McKlevin depending on which way they are drafted. Hard to tell right now i've seen mocks with all of them going 1st. If they are all gone you still have some first round corners like Flowers, Talib, Porter, Cason....I think it would/could be a nice move.

I know everyone loves Haynesworth because of the way he played last season but he is just playing for the big contract IMO he is a lazy overweight guy IMO who likes to hurt people with his spikes when he gets the oppertuunity. Personallly I give the Saints no chance to go after him.

i would do this trade if and only if we could resign Haynesworth and still have the cap to sign Colston and Evans....if we could also resign Smith, that would be a bonus aswell...but i would rather have the best DL (in my opinion) in the NFL over Will Smith...

Negative, don't want yesterday's news. Draft young ,fast lbs, cbs, and fill in with later round dt.

The problem with Haynesworth is that he only has one season left on his contract, so his trade value is lower, you see. Maybe trade hollis and haynesworth and switch seconds...

No way, that trade would be terrible for us.

I'd swap 1st Rd picks + extra, but I wouldn't want to drop completely out of the 1st round for him.

Ive no problem with it, but I am sure the Titans would. That only moves them up 14 spots in the draft, and I am sure they could either get more picks or a higher pick from someone like Cincinatti who has desperately been trying to trade for a DT. And Hollis Thomas isn't an every down DT anymore and is to large to be as effective as he once was.

Horrible trade for the Titans. They will keep him. They can't lose both starting DT's.

I agree that the Titans would basically be giving him away. They'd want our #10 straight up for Haynesworth.

I would but it likely means the end of Deuce as a Saint because of Haynesworth wanted a huge contract. As the saying goes, sometimes you have to rob Peter to pay Paul. That is at the heart of NFL free agency. jmo

hell no
I dont want him, he is good but he is an idiot, everyone does well in contract years, look at Adrian Beltre for the Dodgers, hit 50+ Homeruns, got the contract, he sucked so he had to be traded.
Anyways, I say no

btw doublesaint.....up southampton!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom