Would you want to be a referee from New Orleans that officiated in L.A. in the NFC title game and made the call that cost the Saints trip 2 Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

If this happens, that person needs a freaking life. Enough already. They made a bad call. And the head Ref wasn't even the main culprit at fault.

But to cause financial ruin, damage property, assault kids? What the hell? As hurt and disappointed as we are, that's a line no one should cross.
Of course no rational person would ever want any harm to come to these refs even if they were corrupt. My point is the NFL may have intentionally put these refs in a spot where they had to make the call in favor of the team from where they live. Even an honest ref from New Orleans would hate to make a call in Los Angeles that cost the Saints a trip to the Super Bowl. How can anyone believe, especially NFL officials that assign these refs their games, that a ref would not be influenced refereeing a game from their home area? There are many ways the NFL can get the outcomes they want, this would be one of the ways to achieve that outcome. They are too smart to give cash bribes to a ref; or bring a ref in a dark room and threaten him to cheat. The corruption would be more subtle, more thought out. For instance, Goodell would never tell the refs to cheat; but if he spread the word throughout the NFL "how great it would be if the Rams made it to the Super Bowl" , the point would be made without breaking any rules. I don't think smart people use obvious blatant corrupt moves, its done much more subtly.

I read Cavalleto makes 85k from being a ref. I think that higher figure is from the few full time refs.

I seriously believe that this could have happened whether or not the Refs were from the LA area. Maybe that played a part but I doubt it.

I wholeheartedly believe that the cause is simple. The refs were told NOT to throw flags. They were told this by the league or whoever the league has set in place to direct the refs from game to game and yes, even "in game".

We saw that call come down last season in London when we were playing the Dolphins. That first half broke records for flags. The 2nd half? Nada.

The refs do as they're directed. It's their job and it's how they make their money.

Does this excuse anything? No.

Why would the league tell them NOT to throw flags? That's easy... Because they didn't want such a visible game being a super-flag fest like most of the season was.

Did the league do this to help the Rams? I personally believe the answer is yes to some degree. My reasoning? Because even though they didn't want flags thrown all over the field, wouldn't mean they wouldn't want to call the most obvious and even intentional fouls. So... at some point, the call had to come down to look the other way, even on the blatant and even dangerous penalties.

Did the league want the Rams to win? An easy case can be made for that. But I dont think that has to be the reason. I believe they wanted both Championship games to go to the wire. OT if possible.

You could see it in the one ref's eyes. HE WANTED to throw the flag. The other Ref came in saying NO NO NO. Whether that was aimed at the ref or at Sean Payton, it was obvious the ref with his hand on the flag thought it was directed at him.

How could this happen? Shouldn't that Ref just go ahead and throw the flag? It can be picked up and waved off if he's over-ruled. But no... His orders, just like the orders all the other refs got was to NOT THROW FLAGS. So it all culminated in an atomic trainwreck of a no-call.

Then in overtime... The hold/almost tackle on MT? The no-call on the roughing/targeting/hit-to-the helmet/hands-to-the face on Drew? Same thing... DO NOT THROW FLAGS!!! Yes sir...

The cherry on the top is that the ball miraculously landed in the arms of the defender that held MT, who was laying flat on his back. And then the long long FG. League can't be blamed for either of those, other than to say they shoud've never been in position for them to happen any way.

The league noodled with this game. The no-calls were just the end result of some shady directives given to the refs by the league.

The problem with LA is that it hard to give a damn about them cause they don't even care about their own team. Saints should be in the Super Bowl period. That not even a debate. Maybe I would care more if LA gave a damn about the Rams.

In 2018, NFL officials made an average of $189K. Next year, that average shoots up another $16K to $205K.

Vinovich, the CPA, has 13 years experience officiating NFL games (including 10 alone as a referee) so he’s likely making more than the average salary. Unless he has copious amounts of debt and/or multiple addictive and expensive vices (gambling, substance abuse, prostitution, ect.), he won’t be hurting financially.

Meh. Mere pocket change compared to what they made on the NFCCG.

:littleclown:

Cavalleto lives just outside of Santa Barbara.
A dump that is tiny of a house costs you $900,000.
However from what I can tell he has a big house on a private road.
Probably 2 mil. For his house.
Hmm?

I'm content with just an actual referee. Go get the mechanic down the street or the kid that works the gas station. Anything is better than the trash we had. Matter of fact, go get some actual trash, I bet in that pile out flies a yellow flag.

Officials are accountable for objectively calling fouls. Their eyes should be locked onto players for whom they're responsible, hand poised on their flag.

They should instantly throw the flag if warranted, not look around at other influencers -- player or official -- after the fact. It can be rescinded and picked up if necessary.

Receivers are notorious flag beggars (which IMO should be UC penalty), often able to influence a late call. And #13 was certainly influenced by #60.

Yeah, try living in Silicon Valley or Manhattan on that salary and get back to me.

however you spend your money is your business. that don't take away from the fact that a 6 figure income is being rich. you make 200,00 a year but you rent an expensive place that's on you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom