Would you welcome Randy Moss? (1 Viewer)

Moss,Marques,Meachem.....mother jumpers!...........Brees dream team.....it would be very exciting to say the least....................it's ok to dream....peace

If this happened we would have to trade for Gates instead of Shockey. Could you imagine????

Loomis and Mueller have stated that Samuels and Briggs wanted too much money. As good as Moss is, I don't see how they would spend major money on an offensive player, albeit great one, when our defense desperatley needed attention.

In make-believe world (where we would sign him) I would get a FDL tatoo on mah forehead. IMO he is the most talented wr to ever play. Too bad he didn't have the work ethic or attitude of Rice. I would love to have Moss, but I don't know if he could be kept in check w/Saints.

He's a Payton type player :shrug:

You're right. It would give Coach P the ability to have Moss, Colston, Reggie, Henderson and Deuce/SHOCKEY on the field at one time.

Then, we wouldn't even need a D.

It would never happen, but if it did....

I think we'd all welcome him gladly, so long as he wasn't too expensive. That being said, if he didn't produce, we'd all try to crucify him like we came close to doing with Reggie.

I know what I'm about to say is crazy, but if Henderson could find a way to put some glue on those gloves and catch the ball better, he'd be an amazing deep threat. Moss is great because of two things. 1, he's fast (not the fastest) and 2, if it's in the air, he generally comes down with it. Henderson is like skill 1 and Colston is like skill 2 but with the ability to break tackles.

Anyone else wonder if Colston will come back this year with another 10-15 lbs of muscle on his frame like last year? He got beastly.

5 wide, Moss, Colston, Meachem, Bush, and whoever steps up. bringing back the run and shoot offense.

I won't start a new thread, but the Boston Herald seems to think we're one of the possible teams for Moss;

5. Saints - They’re coming off a down season, but with QB Drew Brees, RB Reggie Bush and WR Marques Colston, the Saints are an excellent candidate to bounce back, especially in the weak NFC South. Their interest in Asante Samuel [stats] proves they’re willing to spend this offseason.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1077175&srvc=pats&position=1

if randy moss would become a saint the forums would go INSANE everyone would welcome him with open arms and it would be like christmas all over again. anyone who says different is a liar!

that being said, randy moss will never suit up in the black and gold.

LMAO!

I won't start a new thread, but the Boston Herald seems to think we're one of the possible teams for Moss;

Yes, but they are completely pulling this out of their butts. Some sportswriter looked at who had cap room, looked at who could use a good receiver, and concluded the Saints would want Moss. I guarantee you he doesn't know anyone in the Saints organization who told him anything.

No way, especially for the money he'd demand. We have a first round WR that didn't get to see the field last year, hopefully healthy and waiting in the wings to get on the field this year, and a should-have-been Pro Bowl receiver in Colston. Let's see what they can do as our 1-2 receivers. Colston is proven; Meachem needs a chance to be a starter if we spent a first round pick on him. JMO.

Plus, I just don't like Moss. The show isn't worth the drama that would accompany him.

I agree with some of what you said. Colston is proven that is for sure. However I don't agree that Meachem needs a chance to be a starter. He does however deserve to PLAY. He has done nothing as of yet to merit starts.
I'm not saying to go out and break the bank on Moss , but if we we're to sign him i'd feel sooo much better about our offense. He would make us atleast 50% better then we already are. We drafted Robert Meachem in the 1st last year and didn't use him at all , yet our passing O was fine with just our 1 "proven" WR. Add another "proven" WR and all of a sudden the field becomes 2 sided instead of 1. Perhaps if we were to add Troupe or Shockey the field would become 3 sided......the more sided a field is the more opportunities #25 has to do what he does best and find a little crack beyond the LOS to sneak into and run for the pile-ons.

We all know Peyton is a die hard passing enthusiast. we all know the saints have been linked to WRs over the past 2 years even with Meachem on the roster too (Walker/D.Jackson/Roy Williams) I even think i remember a rumble back a year ago that we were interested moss then.....I might be wrong though so don't quote me on it. So if we were to add a player of Mosses calibur so be it.....give him a 4 or 5 year with incentives on making the playoffs and superbowls and use those 4 or 5 years to make your run.
We have a verifiably young pro-bowl QB , a very young and decent o-line, a dependable stable of RBs(when Healthy) and a young should-have-been-probowler WR and a cast of unproven and long in the tooth WRs. We need to move now.....the only player on Offense in thier prime is Brees. Brown/Evans/Bush/Colston have not even reached thier prime yet. Utilize this. Make a play for Moss. He would only make our young guys better....and then once thier prime comes Moss can ride off into the sunset with his 2 or 3 rings while our young guns take over.

I also agree with you....I don't like Moss. And although I feel he has matured a little I still find him to still have some old habits. However......you know what your getting with him. If you throw out his "semester abroad" in oakland he has been unstoppable. So what do you want? A hall of fame WR while meach contirbutes and reps his way to starting OR No Moss and taking the blinders off Meach and seeing how deep the rabbit hole goes?

I say take Moss and if Meach workss out....great.....if it doesn't?...well...then that dog was never meant to hunt monsignor .....but atleast we struck at something while it was hot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom