Woulda you? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Woulda you take Donte Stallworth back? -- I think he would be a good fit for this team now in his career! I beleive he will be a free-agent -- maybe I'm wrong

No, He doesn't want to be a Saint, we are much better off without him anyway. But he isn't an FA this year.

Last edited:
You're wrong. :hihi:

Under contract to the Pats through 2012. Realistically at least through this year & next...

http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=32989

Yeah, but his roster bonus coming up is prohibitive. The Pats will have to rework that contract with him if he stays. Personally, I think that's what will happen. But actually, yeah, I would take him back. Didn't think I would say that previously, but I've changed my tune.

Yeah, but his roster bonus coming up is prohibitive. The Pats will have to rework that contract with him if he stays. Personally, I think that's what will happen. But actually, yeah, I would take him back. Didn't think I would say that previously, but I've changed my tune.

His salary is only $1M in 2008 & 2009. Do you know how much of a roster bonus he is due? You're right - that could make a difference if it is a significant bonus.

He has a 6M roster bonus this year and according to Mike Smith he will he'll be cut/renegotiated. He's a good guy who loves the city and if he can show that he can be a professional I would gladly take him back.

I don't want him back, I don't think we should offer him the money he is gonna get. I am happy with Colston and I hope Meachem can step it up. I see no spot for Donte and he was a jack off when he was here (team leading fines, late to everything, and a poor attitude) Let him hang with the front runners and he will be fine, like someone else said we have moved on and I would rather adress the D than re-sign Stallworth, seen enough.

Last edited:
There's no doubt he's a good player but i don't think he ever becomes the star he was drafted to be. I think he's a really solid roleplayer. 600-800 every season.

And I'm pretty sure if nothing else, he's a lot more humble after this past season...

This is what Stallworth would get this year, per Rotoworld (who's usually pretty acurate):

2008: $1 million (+ $6 million option bonus due 2/25 + $2 million roster bonus due 3/1 + $1.6 million playing-time roster bonus + $400,000 workout bonus

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but if they convert all those bonuses to a signing bonus, that would equal $10 mil, spread out over the remainder of his deal being an extra $2 mil per, meaning his hit is $3 mil.

He has bonuses like this after almost every year of his deal from now on, actually. That might impact what the Pats do with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom