Wouldn't it be great.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If we signed Deuce Just before the end so he could get a Ring.

I know that he wouldn't get to play because of the suspension, but I think He deserves a ring as much as anybody.

The Saints could still give him a ring even if he weren't part of the roster, just like Indy gave one to Edgerrin James the year after they let him go.

Actually, he'd be in the same boat with Smith and Grant as far as the suspensions are concerned. But I doubt we'd sign him unless something catastophic happened.

with the injuries on the defensive side, we need every roster spot. no reason to sign deuce.

If any kind of signing happened I could see possibly a contract as an assistant RB coach.

And who is so undeserving of that ring that they should be cut in order to make room for Deuce? Get over it... we WILL NOT SIGN HIM! Do you really think he'd want to be signed for one game just to get a ring that he had no part in? He wouldn't. They can still give him a ring without ever having him on the roster though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did this for him.

THIS ....AGAIN???

:jpshakehead:

DOES STECKER, FAINE, DAVID....ETC... GET RINGS TOO??

this

deuce is no longer a member of the new orleans saints

i've been rooting for this team for 22 years and as much as deuce meant to the organization he simply is not a member of the team, so no we shouldn't sign him -- he contributed 0 to this season and we need every single roster space available

not hating, just pointing out the facts

no.

should the saints offer him a ring for being one of the greatest players in saints history and it would be a really good gesture?

yes.

THIS ....AGAIN???

:jpshakehead:

DOES STECKER, FAINE, DAVID....ETC... GET RINGS TOO??

I'm as tired of this thread as anyone, but there's clearly a difference btwn one of our top 5 all time an d most beloved players and the guys you named above.

I can't believe you just compared those players to Deuce. :covri:

I guess you just don't get it. Must be a new fan.

This is a ridiculous statement. What has Deuce done anymore than those guys listed above to deserve a ring THIS YEAR. Was he at training camp? Was he leading by example?? Was he helping our young running backs??

HE HAS NO IMPACT ON THIS TEAM. HE IS NOT A MEMBER OF THIS TEAM. Yes Deuce is one of the greatest saints of all time. Yes deuce is a classy guy who was a huge member of New Orleans Society. SO F'N WHAT. Archie Manning STILL lives in New Orleans and is STILL a huge member of the New Orleans community.

Does he get a ring also in your fantasy world?

I don't see why he shouldn't get a ring. He was a part of the team chemistry and leadership that has turned this organization around. I can see bringing him back on the roster is Bell or Thomas go down for an extended period of time, but only if he is in shape to help this team.

People like Deuce and Archie are the history of this franchise and I think it would be a great gesture to give those guys rings. They fought just as hard and gave just as much as anyone on this roster and they also carried the Saints banner proudly. They gave to the communities surrounding N.O., not only their money, but their time. They are deserving of such a gesture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom