Wouldn't this be cool!!! (1 Viewer)

There is no way the lions will get a 1st for Roy Williams. If T.O. or Randy Moss can't be traded for a 1st, then Roy Williams won't be traded for a 1st. There are very few players in this league that would draw a 1st round pick and those players are not in danger of getting traded.

Both TO and Moss had major baggage concerns. A lot of teams were not interested in them.

There is no way the lions will get a 1st for Roy Williams. If T.O. or Randy Moss can't be traded for a 1st, then Roy Williams won't be traded for a 1st. There are very few players in this league that would draw a 1st round pick and those players are not in danger of getting traded.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roy gets traded for a 1st. The difference is T.O. and Moss were problem children and the teams simply wanted to unload them for anything they can get. Williams, as far as I know, is not much of a team cancer. IMO, he is more related to Deion Branch's situation, where the team just thinks it is not worth keeping him. So I wouldn't be surprised if a team with WR needs and late first round pick, someone like the Jags, Titans, or Bucs pulls the trigger on williams.

Think about it, if you knew that Meachem was high on our draft board last year, wouldn't you think it would have been better to get Roy Williams for the 27th pick as opposed to picking an untested college wideout.

At least 3 receivers are always picked on the first round. If you are a GM and are set to pick at receiver who would you prefer, Roy Williams or DeSean Jackson, Limas Sweed, Malcom Kelly, Mario Manningham or Early Doucet?

I can think that maybe one can gamble with Jackson instead of Williams because of his physical characteristics and game, but besides that I would prefer to give my first pick for a proven player, entering his prime, that can start contributing since day one.

If this situation had been last year I would have gladly gave away our first for Roy Williams instead of picking Meachem.

The draft chart is a tool, but not the bible. If you are a good GM you have to make good trades for your team, independently of what the chart says.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom