WoW Account Hacked - Mac user (1 Viewer)

DoubleDee

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry if this subject has been posted before. I'm in a rush to get this figured out and can't take the time to search posts for it. My WoW account was hacked this morning. I only play on a mac. I don't use my windows machine to login to my battlenet account for anything. Anyone have any ideas how this could have happened? I do use addons. Could I have gotten something that way? Is there anything I can use to search for a keylogger on my mac? help! please.

Sorry if this subject has been posted before. I'm in a rush to get this figured out and can't take the time to search posts for it. My WoW account was hacked this morning. I only play on a mac. I don't use my windows machine to login to my battlenet account for anything. Anyone have any ideas how this could have happened? I do use addons. Could I have gotten something that way? Is there anything I can use to search for a keylogger on my mac? help! please.

You most likely opened up a email or something on that computer that got ya. And I do not play with addons anymore, because thats a major cause of hacks as well.

Some of the best computer hackers in the world hack into wow.
Why? It's a legal way to steal money for these chinese companies that sell gold.

the FEDs would go after them if they stole your credit card info(and they usually never touch this even if they could for this reason) but not for hacking into wow stealing your gold..it's a nice set-up they have going....blizzard will give you everything back..and I do mean everything..and the gold sellers make the money reselling your gold..feds not coming for anyone..

log in to your account, send a message to a gm, "saying you were hacked and they stole everything"

Blizz will mail you everything back through the mail for each character.

I would suggest buying an authenticater from blizzard..you are pretty much hack proof.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000822

Most likely youre clean. Since the new battle.net changes people have been getting their accounts compromised out the wazoo. Something about what they did caused huge account security issues. Google it, youll see there have been huge problems with account security since the battle.net changes.

I was hacked myself, twice. In the past two months, and I know Im clean. The second time they put an authenticator on it.

Just start the account recovery process once you get your password changed back. They will automatically restore your gear via ingame mail.

If they have put an authenticator on the account, you'll have to call blizzard. Its completely painless, just answer your special account question, or have your cd keys handy, and they will yank the authenticator off and get your stuff back for you.

Once you have your account back, put an authenticator on it IMMEDIATELY. I downloaded the authenticator after the first hack but got lazy and didnt activate it. Needless to say its activated now :)

The authenticator makes you 100% impervious. Doesnt matter what they do.

BTW the authenticator is also available as a smartphone app for free if you have one.

Thanks, y'all. Going to set up the authenticator now. My husband has one for his account, but we just never got around to doing one for me. Go figure. This really ticks me off b/c I'm off today and wanted to go see all the new content since yesterday. Grrrrrrr

i keep getting emails from blizzard about my WoW account.... but.... i dont have one. apparently i am also a qualified Beta Tester.

i love the interwebs

hack yourself and get double your stuff. lol

Nah, if it where that easy, people would do it.

I used to play that game, and Blizzard will restore your stuff. But its sometimes 2 weeks of *****ing naked next to an in game mail box waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Oh and paying 15 bucks a month to stand there.

Beware! the authenticators take almost all ur chances of being hacked away but i know a few people who still get hacked with it.... battle.net is garbage... ive been hacked with it 2 i lucked out n got all my stuff back + bout 1500 g worth of junk and an exalted title back that i didnt have b4, so it doesnt always end bad... Tho now i got my gf to get me n her authenticators so im hoping i dont get my **** jacked again cuz it sucks *** espcially when their blizz phone lines r over busy... i was able to get threw their emails within a day or 2 tho for mines:rant:

Nah, if it where that easy, people would do it.

I used to play that game, and Blizzard will restore your stuff. But its sometimes 2 weeks of *****ing naked next to an in game mail box waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Oh and paying 15 bucks a month to stand there.

I guess it depends on the timing. It took them less than 24 hours to restore hundreds of items for all my characters. they even restored items for characters I didn't report. It was pretty impressive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom