Wow... Alex Anzalone surged up to the 16th ranked LB on PFF (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Woah. I remember him starting pretty low. Graded at 73.3

Demario Davis ranked at 12th and AJ is at 36th.

Huge props to Mike Nolan on coaching up a career back up and a raw prospect with an elite LB into a great group.

Last edited:
PFF is a bad joke.
It's hard to put much stock into what PFF says. Too subjective and inconsistent. Just with the eye test Anzalone is doing much better at coverage and overall doing better. He's usually pretty close to the guy he's guarding now days.

Dr1OvqAXcAUJas3.jpg

Also... William had an outstanding game.

PFF have Kamara as the 10th most elusive rusher in the league and 3rd best receiving back in the league.

Says all you need to know about their stupid rankings.

His INT of Jared Goff was amazing ....

It was indeed. Not many LB's could have caught that bullet.

Having said that, I will reserve final judgment on Alex for another 4-5 games. All players have good and bad stretches, so it will take that long to average it out and track his progress.

PFF or not, the last 2 games he has played amazing. I focused on him last game and he did great in both coverage and the run.

Saints have the #1 run defense in the league after playing 9 games. I believe we've been the #1 run defense since week one. You don't stay the #1 run defense in the league if your LBs aren't playing very well. Same goes with a D-line, but we all came into this season with high expectations for that group. We were worried about our LB group since the the offseason. We had cautious optimism regarding Davis, but Klein and Anzalone were worries.

It is more than obvious that our LB group is doing very well... much better than expected. To the naked eye, on the stat sheet, and now even to the often blind eye of PFF.

We knew that Mike Nolan could mold and develop LB talent. We just had to be patient. Looks like it's finally paying off. Now we just need our secondary to tighten up a little bit and we're good.

Woah. I remember him starting pretty low. Graded at 73.3

Demario Davis ranked at 12th and AJ is at 36th.

Huge props to Mike Nolan on coaching up a career back up and a raw prospect with an elite LB into a great group.

He's played really well the last two games and a high number of snaps. With lower snap counts earlier in the year it's not too surprising to see it jump like that.

I ripped on Anzalone repeatedly prior to the season and early on, but the kid has really come on strong. I was wrong about him, and I'm happy that he is proving me wrong. Keep workin AA!

I've always been excited by his talent.....he would just make a few mistakes each game that cost us big. Really reminiscent of KV but at LB. A bad angle for a TD or being out of position. I figured when he got that fixed he would be great.....I never thought it could be such a sudden change, though.

Well done and keep on keeping on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom