Wow... Alex Anzalone surged up to the 16th ranked LB on PFF (1 Viewer)

Cant hate on that ranking, but i personally put very little stock in analytics. Those numbers only tell a fraction of the actual story. All i know is that AA-47 has been showing up on gamedays & beast balling.

Is it just me or does AA looks like he is speed skating when he runs? He gets a low center of gravity and goes into a full smooth stride. Pretty impressive for someone at his height

Cant hate on that ranking, but i personally put very little stock in analytics. Those numbers only tell a fraction of the actual story. All i know is that AA-47 has been showing up on gamedays & beast balling.

I did to, but the Saints have invested big in Analytics the last few years and the Drafts have been very good. So t think they help. It’s not the end all be all, but if used correctly as a piece of the evaluation puzzle, it obviously helps.

PFF and meaningless ranks aside, Anzalone balled yesterday. It may be, that INT the Rams game turned the light on.

The Bengals game was his best game ever. He went from looking lost against Tampa Bay to looking like a confident veteran in 2 months. Major props. I was one of his biggest critics, but my words then were just as spot on as they are now. He played lights out and led the team in tackles. Miles away from the guy that people were excusing from not showing up on the stat sheet as some type of "assignment responsibility."

He's balling now. He wasnt then. Was our best LB yesterday. Credit where credit is due.

effin thank you. maybe we can go a week or two without a thread about how Robertson should be starting.

Earlier in the season, I was all about getting Robertson in the game and upgrading AA. Anzalone always had the potential, but it wasn’t there earlier in the season... In retrospect, im glad they stuck with Alex and let him grow and progress. It’s a wonderful thing to have a player like Robertson as the next man up at all the LB spots... speaks to the depth this team has built.

PFF accuracy or not, this is a very good team of LBs. The best since the Dome Patrol. Let' jut enjoy it and that pass that Anz intercepted was fired like a rocket by Goff and Anz made instant adjustment and held onto the rocket. He's a freakin stud and will only get better the more he learns of the pro game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom