Wow. Check this out on Aaron Rogers (1 Viewer)

I think too much is made of this. I'm pretty sure Rodgers was told the Packers were trying to draft a backup that could win if Rodgers goes down. And, he's been down quite a few times in his career, so they need more than a place holder.

Don’t want no part of him! He would be terrible for the locker room. He’s all about him and not the team because he knows where the new offense is headed in GB and that’s less of Rodgers. New coach feels less of him will be more for the team and he is right. Just like we don’t want Drew throwing a gazillion times in a game. His coach don’t want that crap with him either. The correct thing for Rodgers to say is “ I don’t care what my role is, I just want to win”. The problem is he does care. Dude is a good athlete but can’t hold Brees jockstrap when it comes to leadership. He just comes across as a jerk to me. Would love to hear from some who have met him maybe out in public to see what they have to say concerning him. I will take Drew a million times over him. His stats may compare to Drew’s but that’s it.

Can’t afford his salary after Drew finally retires. We would have around $15m in dead money from DB and $35M in AR money.

I feel like I've seen a variation of this episode before.

Oh yeah....the 2006 Saints....heading into 2007.

A rookie HC (Payton / LaFleur) who took a team much further than anticipated........finished with a bye after getting a tiebreaker-seeding edge over a more playoff-experienced team (Saints over Eagles / Packers over Saints)........only to have the Cinderella run emphatically stomped out in the NFC title game by the clearly-better team. (Bears / 49ers).......is now about to head into his 2nd season......maybe feeling a little cocky? And possibly feuding with the guy who, for a number of previous years, had been the best offensive player on the team (Horn / Rodgers).

In the long run, it worked out for Payton.........but not without 2 years of growing pains that followed that quick front run. LaFleur, for better or for worse, appears to have a vision in mind for HIS Packers......just like Payton did.

At the risk of making a post that could easily be bumped and ridiculed several months from now........look for the Packers to take a step backwards......like 0.500 at best. There was just something really "off" with the Packers in that NFC title game. Yes, the Niners were at home and were all charged up.......but it just felt like the Packers were calmly enduring a preseason game for a solid portion of that day. The Saints did at least put up a fight for the first 3 quarters until finally the Bears took firm control of the game. It honestly looked like the Packers didn't even want to be there at times........which definitely makes you wonder about the behind-the-scenes culture.

Meh, Rodgers is an egomaniac; we all know that. But he will be on the packers team for the next couple of years atleast. A P'Oed of ARod will play his arse off too
Lebron Rodgers is indeed an egomaniac that wants the control of an NBA star.

@Ross-early/aaron-rodgers-lebron-james

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom