Wow... Every media outlet predicting us to lose by 10+ at home. (2 Viewers)

All they got is an Cooper and Crabtree... Neither are better than Cooks.

Not saying I agree with these madden ratings, but certainly enough info from an unbiased source to show that you can't out right give us the edge at wr.
I do think as the year goes on Snead and m Thomas will be considered better than Crabtree but you can't make that claim right now without being a homer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 16
I'm curious as to how many people on here actually really know the type of team the raiders are or are they just repeating what they hear the media say and watched highlights? I watch a lot of football and don't see the Raiders on the cusp of anything they will finish behind the Chiefs and the Broncos for sure and possibly the chargers as well. They aren't going to the playoffs and their roster is not better than ours. Their preseason was no better than ours. Their D was not very good and if you shut Cooper down they'd had nothing else. I'm not saying the saints are world beaters but they haven't done anything in the offseason to make the team any worse. They aren't trending down at all. If anything they will be better on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only you knew what a force karma is in my life lol. It's uncanny.

I totally get it. Please accept my apologies if I offended. Wasn't poking fun at your statement.
Just my way of making a corny joke about how
we all have our own ways of counteracting
bad juju :hihi:

Local media outlets aren't so bullish either. Gets hard to listen to Sports Hangover at times. But I know it's Will Rabb's shtick.

I had to stop listening to WWL.

I mean, I'm not predicting SB or anything, but the amount of doom and gloom before a game has been played is just stupid. Plenty of teams with less talent then this have went on to win 10+ games. Just see how it goes in the first month at least. Hebert is the worst.

They have better linebackers for certain with ellerbee out for the saints.
I don't know if an unbiased judge of talent would give us the advantage at CB, S, or WR either...

Still think we win tho

WR? It's not even close. We are way better overall. I'll also take what we have at CB over their guys (mainly because Breaux is elite compared to anyone they have).

Safeties are about even IMO (Woodson retired, remember).

They have better pass rushing LBs. No doubt.

I'm curious as to how many people on here actually really know the type of team the raiders are or are they just repeating what they hear the media say and watched highlights? I watch a lot of football and don't see the Raiders on the cusp of anything they will finish behind the Chiefs and the Broncos for sure and possibly the chargers as well. They aren't going to the playoffs and their roster is not better than ours. Their preseason was no better than ours. Their D was not very good and if you shut Cooper down they'd had nothing else. I'm not saying the saints are world beaters but they haven't done anything in the offseason to make the team any worse. They aren't trending down at all. If anything they will be better on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think part of it is with Manning retired, most figure the West is up for grabs. Most want to call the unexpected Panthers run before it happens, and they see it with Oakland.

Have you seen our defense. And our starting offense couldn't score on the ravens practice squad and cut players

Our defense was great except for 2 drives against arguably the best offense in the league with zero blitzing. The starting offense scored twice in both drives against the Ravens before sitting down. And no, they weren't practice squad players.

Not saying I agree with these madden ratings, but certainly enough info from an unbiased source to show that you can't out right give us the edge at wr.
I do think as the year goes on Snead and m Thomas will be considered better than Crabtree but you can't make that claim right now without being a homer

The fact that they have Crabtree the same ranking as Cooks just shows how stupid Madden rankings are. That comparison isn't even close in real life.

Cooper is dynamic and should only get better but Cooks out produced him last year. And after Cooper, their WRs don't come within a mile of our group.

Heck, Snead is nearly as good as Cooper is and he's miles ahead of Crabtree.

The fact that they have Crabtree the same ranking as Cooks just shows how stupid Madden rankings are. That comparison isn't even close in real life.

Cooper is dynamic and should only get better but Cooks out produced him last year. And after Cooper, their WRs don't come within a mile of our group.

Heck, Snead is nearly as good as Cooper is and he's miles ahead of Crabtree.

Quoted for truth :17:

QB: Saints
RB: Saints
WR: Saints
OL: Raiders
DL: Raiders
LB: Raiders
CB: Raiders
DB: Saints

If I were to look at that and not know the teams, I'd generally pick the team representing Oakland to win. The Raiders are going to have the advanage in controlling the line of scrimmage, which generally leads to a win. If the Raiders had a worse QB, I'd say it's too close to call, but Carr (while not a superstar) is efficient and careful with the football.

We stunk the last 2 years and preseason was a disaster. Why would they predict us to win?

Our defense was great except for 2 drives against arguably the best offense in the league with zero blitzing. The starting offense scored twice in both drives against the Ravens before sitting down. And no, they weren't practice squad players.

They weren't practice squad, but they weren't the starters either. Those drives were the Saints 1's vs. the Ravens 2's (or heavy rotational players) and both drives stalled out for field goals.

While not a disaster, it's not exactly encouraging either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom