Wow... Every media outlet predicting us to lose by 10+ at home. (1 Viewer)

We stunk the last 2 years and preseason was a disaster. Why would they predict us to win?

Why would they predict a 7 win Raiders team that hasn't had a winning record in 13 years to win in week 1 on the road?

Why would they predict a 7 win Raiders team that hasn't had a winning record in 13 years to win in week 1 on the road?

In all honesty, I think most of those writers grew up when the Raiders were "Da Raidaas." With Manning, gone the perception is the West is up for grabs, and the Raiders are the pick of the year.

In all honesty, I think most of those writers grew up when the Raiders were "Da Raidaas." With Manning, gone the perception is the West is up for grabs, and the Raiders are the pick of the year.

I actually think they can win 8-9 games and progress (KC and Denver will still be better IMO). I'm not banging on them.

But I just don't see the logic in the idea that it would be stupid to pick us to win this game, as if we are about to face the 2007 Patriots on the road or something.

I'm simulating a Saints-Raiders game on madden 17 with the newly updated rosters lol. It's the end of the third quarter now and Brees just hit Cooks for a 50 yarder to make it 19-7.(they tried a 2 point conversion after the cooks TD and failed) Lutz has been money on both field goals and xp.

Mack demolished Brees on a blitz early in the second and caused a fumble and recovered it. :covri:

Final: Saints 22 Raiders 20

Edibali destroyed Latavius Murray on the attempted tying 2 pt conversion

People are red thumbing it but I wasn't trying to say this is how it's gonna play out, I know it's just Madden �� I just thought it was fun to watch. It was pretty realistic honestly

Last night I played to a 21-20 Saints win. BS play of the game in the 3rd quarter when I blocked a Janikowski 50 yard field goal only to have Conner Cook pick it up and run in for a Raider TD. :no:

However, I just smoked the Falcons 24-6.:9:

We stunk the last 2 years and preseason was a disaster. Why would they predict us to win?

Because the Raiders stunk the last decade plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WR? It's not even close. We are way better overall. I'll also take what we have at CB over their guys (mainly because Breaux is elite compared to anyone they have).

Safeties are about even IMO (Woodson retired, remember).

They have better pass rushing LBs. No doubt.

Agree to disagree on the WR's. I do like our guys and understand the arguement.

Amerson is a good CB but not as good as Breaux , Sean smith is probably superior to anyone else we have . I can see how this is debatable.

But LB... Seriously? Cmon man. no need to preface it with "pass rushing". Just better overall lbs.
If you can find one non saints fan who choose James laurinitis , steph anthony, and Craig Robinson over Khalil Mack , Bruce Irvin , and Malcolm smith id be shocked.

The key we keep missing is to successfully run the ball. Run the rock to at least command some attention and keep the refs out of the game and we'll be competitive.

Because the Raiders stunk the last decade plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier to pick Oakland. Perception is that the West is for the taking now that Manning is out. That's not the case, but perception. While the Saints are sharing a division with the defending NFC champions and previously won the division the last three years.

Who's roster is better is really a crapshoot at this point. You can say one is better than the other or one position is better than the other historically, but this is a new season. How well a team plays, and how well new acquisitions play and gel is, at this point, just a guess, and everyone knows this. Each year there are teams that do better than expected, teams that do worse, players that excel with their new teams and players that bomb. The media has to say something, even if it's based off of speculation and they know it. What are they going to say? Wait six weeks and I'll get back to you? It's like the polls in college fb the first few weeks. It means nothing.

It sounds a whole lot like 2005 going into 06, and 08 into 09, and then 12 into 2013. Apparently when these "experts" leave us for dead, we have the habit of proving them wrong. This year our D looks legitimately improved. Save for our O-line, our O at the skill positions are loaded. I think this is the best collection of weapons Drew and Payton have sported in a long time. In other words...We got'em, just where we want'em!

They must have watched the preseason games like the rest of us. Granted I believe there is a real chance of us turning things around, but I just don't think we are there yet. I hope I'm wrong and we come out firing on all cylinders. I definitely think we will improve as the season moves along, I just don't know what to expect out of the gate, best part is ..... We don't have to wait much longer to see.

Did you watch the raiders preseason?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom