Wow(MERGED DRAFTDADDY.COM MOCK) (1 Viewer)

The more I think about this the more I like it. I think it depends on who we bring in via free agency, though. I would be pretty happy with Asante, Vilma, Mendenhall in the 1st and the top LB in the 2nd.

This is the same Rashard Mendenhall that couldn't see the playing field because of Pierre Thomas. I know Mendenhall is the trendy name right now and people love him, but there has to be a reason Pierre kept him on the bench for 2 years.

All I'm saying is we may already have the better back of the two on our team!

I was kinda thinking the same thing... but there is something to be said about seniority at the college level, and even if Mendenhall may have been the better RB, PT could have gotten the bulk of the carries because he was a senior, a team captain, and an excellent blocker. Plus, Mendenhall was a young sophomore last season and still played really well.

This is a blurb from ESPN...
After graduating high school early and arriving on campus in the spring of 2005, Mendenhall contributed immediately as a true freshman. In 10 games, he ran for 218 yards on 48 carries and had 13 receptions for 82 yards and two touchdowns. In 2006, he ran for 640 yards and five TDs on a Big Ten-best 8.2 yards per carry, adding another 164 yards and a score on 12 receptions. As a junior, Mendenhall delivered 1,999 total yards and 19 TDs in 13 games. He led the conference and ranked eighth in the nation in rushing yards (1,681). Mendenhall peaked as a junior, which was his first season as a fulltime starter at Illinois. While he still can improve as a football player, there are no glaring weaknesses to his game. Mendenhall is a powerful runner with the burst to hit the occasional homerun.

I would not be angry is Cromartie was gone and we took him, but we would have to address defense in FA to pick BPA.

Could see it happening. I know people will be disappointed if we don't go defense, but remember this -- the offense makes this team go and a STUD running back is the air that makes it breath. Without a legit thumper in the backfield, the whole team is screwed in my opinion.

If you could see this happening I'm glad your not the GM

No way would they do that IMO. If they did go BPA they would select Ryan Clady in that draft scenario.

ding! ding! ding! we have a winner..

the organization has already stated that they are looking at Clady if he is still available at 10.... i wouldn't like the pick but hey, i'm not them!!!

I have faith that no matter what they do, it will be the right move!!!

If they draft an OT, Brown needs to be traded first before his knees give out, he has some value, and is given a big contract or allowed to test free agency. That's the only way they should draft an OT.

If we take a RB it should be Jonathon Stewart. He's the big bruiser we need, especially if Deuce isn't 100 % by the start of the season

I think this guy might have taken the top thirty-one players on most boards, put their names in a hat, and drew them out. If the Saints pick a RB in round one, I will personally catch a plane to New Orleans and storm into the offices on Airline Drive.

Dear God.....

I'd sooner see us take Connor who he has going to the Broncos two stops after us.....

With the 10th pick in the draft the New Orleans Saints select

Rashard Mendenhall, Rb Illinois.
according to draftdaddy.com. Don't know how to link.
I think this board would blow up if this happened.

Another thing to think about. Lot's of people 'in the know' are saying Mcfadden could fall because of off the field issues.

If he's still there at 10, he will be a Saint. Not saying I agree, but this FO loves the BPA. I just don't think we will choose defense at 10. We will try to fill voids in FA and take BPA

I think you always have to draft BPA in the 1st regardless of a teams situation. Who knows what the situation will be next year with injuries and free agency? FA this year is for filling holes, the draft is for depth. 1st round = BPA and a RB wouldn't disappoint me. JMHO

one draft had us picking Limas Sweed WR from Texas....again,the board would blow up..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom