Wow. Not what I expected on this board

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
Sticky Post
I was working and watching the game on the iPad, so I didn't have a chance to sign on until about 5 minutes ago. I expected to see everybody over the moon about this one. I'm kinda surprised at the amount of nitpicking.

-Top 5 tough environment
-Team we haven't beaten in the Payton/Brees era
-Team that plays a style we struggle with
-We were Vegas underdogs

Sure, we got a little lucky on the missed PAT. They got a little lucky that we took a mind-numbing delay of game that likely let them get the ball back. Not to mention that first drive ending in zero points, etc.

To me, this is the toughest matchup we had left on the schedule. Not to say we're going 15-1, but no single game left on the schedule set up as this big of a challenge on paper. I couldn't be happier.

MLU

National Signing Day Legend
Ratings
And while we do that, lets also pray to the gods that our DBs can stop letting receivers waltz into the end zone with a 100 ft radius of freedom. Especially when the offense just worked their arses off to get a lead.
Not enough fans to get that prayer answered.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Ratings
We are all exstatic about the win, I guess some of us are just weary about our Defense because we have the Super Bowl on our mind. And our secondary play mixed with an inconsistent pass rush is a recipe for diddly poo.

OP
OP

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
It amazes me how simplistic people like things to be.

It is possible to

1) Enjoy the win

and

2) Be highly concerned with end of game defense? It has cost this team dearly already has it not?

Can humans walk and chew gum? Why get mad at people pointing out an obvious problem?
It’s absolutely possible. But I think people are underestimating just how good the Ravens are.

By Vegas rankings, they’re 5th in the league. A half-point behind us, NE and KC. https://pregame.com/pregame-forums/...ocus-wed-10-17-2018-updated-nfl-power-ratings

They’re a bad matchup for us historically. And it’s one of only two games left on our schedule im which, as of this weekend, Vegas would have us as underdogs (Vikings being the other bc of homefield).

Our secondary hasn’t been good. Not downplaying that. But all teams have shortcomings and we are really good in a lot of places to make up for it. And we just pulled out an enormous win on the road despite that shortcoming.

Ratings
Also good point about the Nitpicking. The Patriots almost blew a lead on a Hail Mary, I don't hear anyone calling for the Patriots D Cord. to be fired.

yeah a if bill belichek is not the defensive coordinator of the patriots. Brian Flores is defensive coordinator in name only.

Ratings
Old Chinese proverb
Give a man $5000 in a brown envelope and he will complain about the colour of the envelope.
Well strictly speaking, it may not actually be an old proverb, bit it should be.

That was a great win. Appreciate the highs, brothers.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
Just watched the game. What is everyone complaining about? That was a great Game. We matched them step for step in physicality. We were punishing their defense by the 4th quarter. Masterful play calling by SP and great, aggressive defensive effort also. It was a close and competitive game. Exactly what I hoped for.

Man that Ravens D is tough!!! We had to fight for every yard but eventually wore them out with the run game. Anyway I am pretty jealous of that defense....lol.

Ratings
Watch the last drive by a very mediocre QB and you'll understand.

The victory was awesome but to have the best kicker to ever play the game decide to miss his very first extra point to give us the victory was a bit lucky for us.

The team as it stands now simply can't win a Super Bowl with this defensive backfield and lack of a consistent pass rush.

It's much more about the big picture.

If you're looking to win 10 or 11 games, maybe eek out a division title only to get eliminated in the playoffs, then yeah this result serves as a means to that end perfectly. Outside of that, it isn't going to get us to the promised land.
Wow, the response to this post is surprising. 5 likes (6 including mine), 5 mehs, and 46 dislikes! Jeez. The poster was just pointing out the fact that the Saints secondary is seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. I guess people really don't like hearing the truth if that truth happens to be negative

Slaw

Ace's Dad
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Wow, the response to this post is surprising. 5 likes (6 including mine), 5 mehs, and 46 dislikes! Jeez. The poster was just pointing out the fact that the Saints secondary is seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. I guess people really don't like hearing the truth if that truth happens to be negative
If that's the case, literally every team has something seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. The Saints definitely look like contenders.

Humperdoo

One eyed willy.
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
I am beyond happy for Drew and definitely over the moon. Incredible win.

Having said that I’d also like another corner. 😊

Humperdoo

One eyed willy.
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings
Home game or not, the Ravens are a college team compared to the Rams and if our D let a Ravens receiver notch 100 yards in the first half alone, I'm scared to see what Brandin Cooks might do.
I can’t predict what the future will hold schedule wise, but the Ravens are a tough out. Period. That much I know.

Ratings
Very good and valid point, but your chances of winning a Super Bowl with this subpar of a late game defense is minimal. We saw it play out in Minnesota. I mean Joe Flacco simply cannot carve you up with less than 2 minutes to go. That's the equivalent of Eli Manning carving you up.
Um, we already played Eli Manning so that's a bad comparison.

Ratings
The D made some stops, forced them to punt a few times. Most people on here, over the last 7 or 8 years have said that if we can get 2 or 3 stops by the D we would be serious contenders. Well that was done yesterday and we won the game in a very hostile environment. It was a great win against the top D in the league with a top 10 offense.

With that being said, something has to be corrected with our 2 minute defense. It is ridiculous that we let teams drive the length of the field and score so easily. This has cost us several games over the last 2 years and has given teams opportunities to go to OT. I think this will be corrected before the playoffs.

If we were playing a team with a lesser defense,we win this game by 20 and are not worried about a 2 minute defense!

WHO DAT!!!

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
We are all exstatic about the win, I guess some of us are just weary about our Defense because we have the Super Bowl on our mind. And our secondary play mixed with an inconsistent pass rush is a recipe for diddly poo.
Or just have zero concept of how difficult it is to win an NFL game against a team with the number one defense and number four offense in the league in their house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.