Wow. Not what I expected on this board

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
Sticky Post
I was working and watching the game on the iPad, so I didn't have a chance to sign on until about 5 minutes ago. I expected to see everybody over the moon about this one. I'm kinda surprised at the amount of nitpicking.

-Top 5 tough environment
-Team we haven't beaten in the Payton/Brees era
-Team that plays a style we struggle with
-We were Vegas underdogs

Sure, we got a little lucky on the missed PAT. They got a little lucky that we took a mind-numbing delay of game that likely let them get the ball back. Not to mention that first drive ending in zero points, etc.

To me, this is the toughest matchup we had left on the schedule. Not to say we're going 15-1, but no single game left on the schedule set up as this big of a challenge on paper. I couldn't be happier.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Or just have zero concept of how difficult it is to win an NFL game against a team with the number one defense and number four offense in the league in their house.
And your point is what exactly? Our D secondary been a negative talking point since game 1 of the season, not just against the ‘number 4’ Offense of Baltimore.

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
And your point is what exactly? Our D secondary been a negative talking point since game 1 of the season, not just against the ‘number 4’ Offense of Baltimore.
Because people are ignorant and can't get a disappointing loss to Fitzmagic out of their minds. They're whining about a defensive performance that lost two stops on fourth down in that drive due to penalties, and had a pretty sure interception dropped. That is a defense and scheme that really isn't an overarching problem. Certainly not a "season long schematic issue" as some are seemingly hoping for.

tinman

Veteran Starter
Ratings
"This isn't the recipe for a Championship!"
Maybe not, but it is THE recipe that got us to 5-1!
In another 6 weeks w/this recipe, we may be 10-2.
Damn, now I need to start the red beans!lol

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
All due respect Ozzy, but what does his propensity for changing names have to do with his statement and stance here?
He could change his name more than a polygamist changes wives during the week and it would be immaterial to the convo I think. 😊
Polygamy sounds fun!

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Saint 7 - Did Baltimore really have the #4 offense in the NFL or did I mis read that. Thx much!

Ragin Caucasian

Back in Black & Gold
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I love that we won, on the road, in grass, in chilly weather, against the leagues best defense. Awesome, awesome win.

My only complaint:

Our 2 minute defense has to get corrected. Someone tell Dennis Allen to stop giving huge cushions just because there is 2 minutes left until halftime or the end of the game. It's maddening. If your defense is already working, why would you give them free easy yards?

Misipsaintfan

Just some guy
Ratings
Im not going to lie i was complaining during the game due to the fact that the ravens were getting first downs on 4th down conversions. However once we won all that vanished and was over the moon happy. Of course there are things to clean up when is there not? Thats the case for every team after every game.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Ratings
Come on Bro, you going to change your user name to Saint Ingram next week?
The same as comparing a last second loss to Minnesota last year (due to a bad angle and timing), to this victory which had two defensive penalites (questionable), and two chances at interceptions on the last drive. Oh and by the way, we basically shut down Minnesota in the second half except for that miracle play.

Ratings
10/25/09 - The 5-0 Saints go into Miami for what should be an easy win against a struggling 2-3 Dolphins team. They fall behind 24-10 at halftime, and by the looks of the play on the field, this game was all but lost. The Saints however fought back in the second half to pull a win out in one of the most exciting comebacks of that entire season. It was after that game that I knew in my bones this team was bound for greatness.

After watching how the Saints held it together and were able to fight back in the second half and score 2 TD's against the #1 defense in the league who hadnt allowed any TD's in the second half all season long, I have that feeling once again. I dont care if they had to rely on a missed extra point to win, they had that defense looking incredibly average by the end of the game. The Ingram/Kamara combination had the D line on its heels at the end. What started as 1 yrd and a cloud of dust running game had turned into 5+ yards per touch by the 4th quarter, which also opened up the passing game. The Saints' future is in their hands, every team we need to beat to get HFA is on our schedule. Naysayers be damned, I say we we will pull it off.

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Because people are ignorant and can't get a disappointing loss to Fitzmagic out of their minds. They're whining about a defensive performance that lost two stops on fourth down in that drive due to penalties, and had a pretty sure interception dropped. That is a defense and scheme that really isn't an overarching problem. Certainly not a "season long schematic issue" as some are seemingly hoping for.
Why are you acting like our secondary play and inconsistent pass rush haven’t been a problem outside of two games? Last time I checked we were dead last in yards given up via the pass. That might have changed now but I guarantee we are still near the bottom. You must be watching a completely different game to act as if we haven’t had bad secondary play and an inconsistent pass rush.

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Why are you acting like our secondary play and inconsistent pass rush haven’t been a problem outside of two games? Last time I checked we were dead last in yards given up via the pass. That might have changed now but I guarantee we are still near the bottom. You must be watching a completely different game to act as if we haven’t had bad secondary play and an inconsistent pass rush.
I'm watching a 5-1 team that just solidified itself as a Super Bowl contender by beating an extremely talented team on their home turf. The saints have issues to correct, just like every other team in the league. So I just don't get the hand wringing like we somehow woke up as Cardinal or Bill fans...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.