Wow. Not what I expected on this board (2 Viewers)

It amazes me how simplistic people like things to be.

It is possible to

1) Enjoy the win

and

2) Be highly concerned with end of game defense? It has cost this team dearly already has it not?

Can humans walk and chew gum? Why get mad at people pointing out an obvious problem?

Because 70% of this forum is people that either dwell on the negative or lose their **** altogether if someone has anything negative to say about the Saints.

Basically, it mirrors how the overwhelming majority of today's society can't handle anyone having opinions wildly different from their own.

There is a certain amount of luck required to win a Superbowl. Penalties get missed, balls bounce differently, players avoid injury, an opposing All Pro is injured, a whiff of wind to knock a lick off course just so, etc. That missed XP is the difference between a team getting home field through the playoffs and playing the first round of the playoffs. Don't second guess or squander a gift from the Football Gods, folks. Instead, pray, rejoice and make a pleasing sacrifice for all that is holy.

There is a certain amount of luck required to win a Superbowl. Penalties get missed, balls bounce differently, players avoid injury, an opposing All Pro is injured, a whiff of wind to knock a lick off course just so, etc. That missed XP is the difference between a team getting home field through the playoffs and playing the first round of the playoffs. Don't second guess or squander a gift from the Football Gods, folks. Instead, pray, rejoice and make a pleasing sacrifice for all that is holy.

And while we do that, lets also pray to the gods that our DBs can stop letting receivers waltz into the end zone with a 100 ft radius of freedom. Especially when the offense just worked their arses off to get a lead.

And while we do that, lets also pray to the gods that our DBs can stop letting receivers waltz into the end zone with a 100 ft radius of freedom. Especially when the offense just worked their arses off to get a lead.
Not enough fans to get that prayer answered.

We are all exstatic about the win, I guess some of us are just weary about our Defense because we have the Super Bowl on our mind. And our secondary play mixed with an inconsistent pass rush is a recipe for diddly poo.

It's not easy to win on the road, especially in an extremely hostile environment like Baltimore.
I'm happier with this team after this win than any other win so far this season.

It amazes me how simplistic people like things to be.

It is possible to

1) Enjoy the win

and

2) Be highly concerned with end of game defense? It has cost this team dearly already has it not?

Can humans walk and chew gum? Why get mad at people pointing out an obvious problem?

It’s absolutely possible. But I think people are underestimating just how good the Ravens are.

By Vegas rankings, they’re 5th in the league. A half-point behind us, NE and KC. https://pregame.com/pregame-forums/...ocus-wed-10-17-2018-updated-nfl-power-ratings

They’re a bad matchup for us historically. And it’s one of only two games left on our schedule im which, as of this weekend, Vegas would have us as underdogs (Vikings being the other bc of homefield).

Our secondary hasn’t been good. Not downplaying that. But all teams have shortcomings and we are really good in a lot of places to make up for it. And we just pulled out an enormous win on the road despite that shortcoming.

Also good point about the Nitpicking. The Patriots almost blew a lead on a Hail Mary, I don't hear anyone calling for the Patriots D Cord. to be fired.

yeah a if bill belichek is not the defensive coordinator of the patriots. Brian Flores is defensive coordinator in name only.

Old Chinese proverb
Give a man $5000 in a brown envelope and he will complain about the colour of the envelope.
Well strictly speaking, it may not actually be an old proverb, bit it should be.

That was a great win. Appreciate the highs, brothers.

Just watched the game. What is everyone complaining about? That was a great Game. We matched them step for step in physicality. We were punishing their defense by the 4th quarter. Masterful play calling by SP and great, aggressive defensive effort also. It was a close and competitive game. Exactly what I hoped for.

Man that Ravens D is tough!!! We had to fight for every yard but eventually wore them out with the run game. Anyway I am pretty jealous of that defense....lol.

Watch the last drive by a very mediocre QB and you'll understand.

The victory was awesome but to have the best kicker to ever play the game decide to miss his very first extra point to give us the victory was a bit lucky for us.

The team as it stands now simply can't win a Super Bowl with this defensive backfield and lack of a consistent pass rush.

It's much more about the big picture.

If you're looking to win 10 or 11 games, maybe eek out a division title only to get eliminated in the playoffs, then yeah this result serves as a means to that end perfectly. Outside of that, it isn't going to get us to the promised land.
Wow, the response to this post is surprising. 5 likes (6 including mine), 5 mehs, and 46 dislikes! Jeez. The poster was just pointing out the fact that the Saints secondary is seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. I guess people really don't like hearing the truth if that truth happens to be negative

Wow, the response to this post is surprising. 5 likes (6 including mine), 5 mehs, and 46 dislikes! Jeez. The poster was just pointing out the fact that the Saints secondary is seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. I guess people really don't like hearing the truth if that truth happens to be negative
If that's the case, literally every team has something seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. The Saints definitely look like contenders.

I am beyond happy for Drew and definitely over the moon. Incredible win.

Having said that I’d also like another corner. ?

Home game or not, the Ravens are a college team compared to the Rams and if our D let a Ravens receiver notch 100 yards in the first half alone, I'm scared to see what Brandin Cooks might do.

I can’t predict what the future will hold schedule wise, but the Ravens are a tough out. Period. That much I know.

Off topic sorry but what is with the fans doing a soccer chant and now I'm hearing the KC fans do the same its weird
I heard that as well. I don't know. Maybe because it works? And maybe because Americans can only write hip-hop and country songs - none of them any good or useful as sport songs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom