Wow. Not what I expected on this board (1 Viewer)

Very good and valid point, but your chances of winning a Super Bowl with this subpar of a late game defense is minimal. We saw it play out in Minnesota. I mean Joe Flacco simply cannot carve you up with less than 2 minutes to go. That's the equivalent of Eli Manning carving you up.
Um, we already played Eli Manning so that's a bad comparison.

The D made some stops, forced them to punt a few times. Most people on here, over the last 7 or 8 years have said that if we can get 2 or 3 stops by the D we would be serious contenders. Well that was done yesterday and we won the game in a very hostile environment. It was a great win against the top D in the league with a top 10 offense.

With that being said, something has to be corrected with our 2 minute defense. It is ridiculous that we let teams drive the length of the field and score so easily. This has cost us several games over the last 2 years and has given teams opportunities to go to OT. I think this will be corrected before the playoffs.

If we were playing a team with a lesser defense,we win this game by 20 and are not worried about a 2 minute defense!

WHO DAT!!!

We are all exstatic about the win, I guess some of us are just weary about our Defense because we have the Super Bowl on our mind. And our secondary play mixed with an inconsistent pass rush is a recipe for diddly poo.
Or just have zero concept of how difficult it is to win an NFL game against a team with the number one defense and number four offense in the league in their house.

Very good and valid point, but your chances of winning a Super Bowl with this subpar of a late game defense is minimal. We saw it play out in Minnesota. I mean Joe Flacco simply cannot carve you up with less than 2 minutes to go. That's the equivalent of Eli Manning carving you up.
I see where the problem lies. You don't know that the Ravens are the fourth overall offense in the NFL this season, and that Flacco is fourth in the league in yards in his own right.

Wow, the response to this post is surprising. 5 likes (6 including mine), 5 mehs, and 46 dislikes! Jeez. The poster was just pointing out the fact that the Saints secondary is seriously hurting their chances of being a contender. I guess people really don't like hearing the truth if that truth happens to be negative
Ignorance isn't truth. The fact of the matter is that the Saints went as underdogs into the team with number one rated defense and number four rated offense in the league's home, and came out with a win. That's as Super Bowl ready as you can possibly be in the NFL.

Ignorance isn't truth. The fact of the matter is that the Saints went as underdogs into the team with number one rated defense and number four rated offense in the league's home, and came out with a win. That's as Super Bowl ready as you can possibly be in the NFL.

I’m not going to use words like that, but yes this was an incredible win and I won’t search for fault. We have an area to improve upon but I hope and believe we can and will.

I do not wear the black and gold glasses but I’m breaking them out of the box. This team impressed me very much yesterday. And they have been, all year, minus their mulligan game. Kirk will present a good litmus test for the secondary as the Ravens did for our whole team. This Saints team has mettle. A lot of it.

2) Be highly concerned with end of game defense? It has cost this team dearly already has it not?
it has not. This team has five wins out of six games and in the number two seed spot. At best maybe it’s cost us a little, certainly hasn’t cost us dearly.

Come on Bro, you going to change your user name to Saint Ingram next week?

Come on Bro, you going to change your user name to Saint Ingram next week?

All due respect Ozzy, but what does his propensity for changing names have to do with his statement and stance here?
He could change his name more than a polygamist changes wives during the week and it would be immaterial to the convo I think. ?

“16-20 176 yards, 8.8 up a, 2 TDs, 0 Ints, 136.7 QB Rating”
4 out of 5 of 4th down
One missed fg didn’t win or lose this game. This was a well deserved team win against the best defense in the NFL
Period
I agree with you. And the Ravens rushing 28 times for 77 yards (less than 3 yards per carry) still proves the Saints' Number 1 rush defense is no fluke.

I agree with you. And the Ravens rushing 28 times for 77 yards (less than 3 yards per carry) still proves the Saints' Number 1 rush defense is no fluke.

I have been thoroughly impressed by our run D and will admit early on I thought it may be a fluke. Happy to eat some crow on that one.

The Saints offense, while not perfect today, protected the ball and moved it both in the air and on the ground. They were balanced.

The Saints defense was stout against the run and played good pass defense minus a few plays.

Special teams also executed very well.

All of this was done against a potential Super Bowl caliber team at their house.

The Saints offense, while not perfect today, protected the ball and moved it both in the air and on the ground. They were balanced.

The Saints defense was stout against the run and played good pass defense minus a few plays.

Special teams also executed very well.

All of this was done against a potential Super Bowl caliber team at their house.

Special teams has been lights out. Good post.

Because 70% of this forum is people that either dwell on the negative or lose their **** altogether if someone has anything negative to say about the Saints.

Basically, it mirrors how the overwhelming majority of today's society can't handle anyone having opinions wildly different from their own.

Very true statement. Many people these days don't understand how to "respectfully" disagree. With our politics so divided and politicians acting like kids this will continue, unfortunately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom