Wow. Not what I expected on this board (1 Viewer)

I love that we won, on the road, in grass, in chilly weather, against the leagues best defense. Awesome, awesome win.

My only complaint:

Our 2 minute defense has to get corrected. Someone tell Dennis Allen to stop giving huge cushions just because there is 2 minutes left until halftime or the end of the game. It's maddening. If your defense is already working, why would you give them free easy yards?

Im not going to lie i was complaining during the game due to the fact that the ravens were getting first downs on 4th down conversions. However once we won all that vanished and was over the moon happy. Of course there are things to clean up when is there not? Thats the case for every team after every game.

Come on Bro, you going to change your user name to Saint Ingram next week?
The same as comparing a last second loss to Minnesota last year (due to a bad angle and timing), to this victory which had two defensive penalites (questionable), and two chances at interceptions on the last drive. Oh and by the way, we basically shut down Minnesota in the second half except for that miracle play.

10/25/09 - The 5-0 Saints go into Miami for what should be an easy win against a struggling 2-3 Dolphins team. They fall behind 24-10 at halftime, and by the looks of the play on the field, this game was all but lost. The Saints however fought back in the second half to pull a win out in one of the most exciting comebacks of that entire season. It was after that game that I knew in my bones this team was bound for greatness.

After watching how the Saints held it together and were able to fight back in the second half and score 2 TD's against the #1 defense in the league who hadnt allowed any TD's in the second half all season long, I have that feeling once again. I dont care if they had to rely on a missed extra point to win, they had that defense looking incredibly average by the end of the game. The Ingram/Kamara combination had the D line on its heels at the end. What started as 1 yrd and a cloud of dust running game had turned into 5+ yards per touch by the 4th quarter, which also opened up the passing game. The Saints' future is in their hands, every team we need to beat to get HFA is on our schedule. Naysayers be damned, I say we we will pull it off.

Because people are ignorant and can't get a disappointing loss to Fitzmagic out of their minds. They're whining about a defensive performance that lost two stops on fourth down in that drive due to penalties, and had a pretty sure interception dropped. That is a defense and scheme that really isn't an overarching problem. Certainly not a "season long schematic issue" as some are seemingly hoping for.
Why are you acting like our secondary play and inconsistent pass rush haven’t been a problem outside of two games? Last time I checked we were dead last in yards given up via the pass. That might have changed now but I guarantee we are still near the bottom. You must be watching a completely different game to act as if we haven’t had bad secondary play and an inconsistent pass rush.

Why are you acting like our secondary play and inconsistent pass rush haven’t been a problem outside of two games? Last time I checked we were dead last in yards given up via the pass. That might have changed now but I guarantee we are still near the bottom. You must be watching a completely different game to act as if we haven’t had bad secondary play and an inconsistent pass rush.
I'm watching a 5-1 team that just solidified itself as a Super Bowl contender by beating an extremely talented team on their home turf. The saints have issues to correct, just like every other team in the league. So I just don't get the hand wringing like we somehow woke up as Cardinal or Bill fans...

I'm watching a 5-1 team that just solidified itself as a Super Bowl contender by beating an extremely talented team on their home turf. The saints have issues to correct, just like every other team in the league. So I just don't get the hand wringing like we somehow woke up as Cardinal or Bill fans...
I think you’re misinterpreting what I originally said. We are all extremely happy to be 5-1. Of course we are. But just because we are 5-1 doesn’t mean we can’t point out any problems which could have dire consequences later in the season. We’ve seen it happen time and time again where our pass Defense screws us in the playoffs, and there is nothing wrong with people discussing our sub par mediocre secondary play when it genuinely could hold us back from winning a Lombardi. Yes we are 5-1, and I’m happy. But like I say, doesn’t mean we can’t be better, and talk about team weaknesses and how to improve them. It’s a discussion board.

I think you’re misinterpreting what I originally said. We are all extremely happy to be 5-1. Of course we are. But just because we are 5-1 doesn’t mean we can’t point out any problems which could have dire consequences later in the season. We’ve seen it happen time and time again where our pass Defense screws us in the playoffs, and there is nothing wrong with people discussing our sub par mediocre secondary play when it genuinely could hold us back from winning a Lombardi. Yes we are 5-1, and I’m happy. But like I say, doesn’t mean we can’t be better, and talk about team weaknesses and how to improve them. It’s a discussion board.
Not everyone is. And its surprising. Each year is different anyway, and past performance doesn't guarantee future earnings and all that. What happened last year really doesn't have as much bearing on this year's unit as some think.

And there's a far cry from "the secondary is broken and we won't win anything with these guys back there" and "I think x, y, and z would maybe work better to clean up this issue." We have way too much of the former and not enough of the latter in these threads.

Maybe they pull the trigger for Peterson and it's all a fart in the wind anyway. I mean, that would be extremely nice.

Here is the point. We won the game! Most reasonable fans want to celebrate the victory. We don't want the board cluttered with "Dennis Allen should be fired", or "the 2 minute defense sucks", "P.J. Williams can't cover", or any of that oh noes negative mess RIGHT AFTER A WIN! Especially when it disrupts what is otherwise a positive thread.

Save it for later in the week. Wednesday or Thursday even. In the meantime... don't rain on the parade! Let us enjoy the win. Resist the temptation to "bring us all back down to earth", or to "your reality".

I will keep getting louder about this until the message gets across. I don't like starting new threads in order to drive a point home. However, if it gets to the point that I have to do that, the usual suspects will have already been banned in mass. It's not going to be the first or even 5th time I have figuratively tossed out the garbage in a group, and the board was always better for it.

My biggest pet peeve here is, and has always been, the "killjoy faction". It's bad for the community. I don't want to be around the boards when there is a lot of that type of negativity. So, if I don't, then I know that our target audience doesn't either.

Here is the point. We won the game! Most reasonable fans want to celebrate the victory. We don't want the board cluttered with "Dennis Allen should be fired", or "the 2 minute defense sucks", "P.J. Williams can't cover", or any of that oh noes negative mess RIGHT AFTER A WIN! Especially when it disrupts what is otherwise a positive thread.

Save it for later in the week. Wednesday or Thursday even. In the meantime... don't rain on the parade! Let us enjoy the win. Resist the temptation to "bring us all back down to earth", or to "your reality".

I will keep getting louder about this until the message gets across. I don't like starting new threads in order to drive a point home. However, if it gets to the point that I have to do that, the usual suspects will have already been banned in mass. It's not going to be the first or even 5th time I have figuratively tossed out the garbage in a group, and the board was always better for it.

My biggest pet peeve here is, and has always been, the "killjoy faction". It's bad for the community. I don't want to be around the boards when there is a lot of that type of negativity. So, if I don't, then I know that our target audience doesn't either.

Yeah, that’s a big part of it. Great post.

And my biggest point is that every team has issues. Even KC, who is running everyone out of the building, has some questions defensively.

Baltimore is a very, very good team. Heck, we could even see them again. They made some plays. I don’t think our issues are any more glaring than anyone else’s right now. And I’m not typically overly positive. This was just a huge, gut check win.

Not everyone is. And its surprising. Each year is different anyway, and past performance doesn't guarantee future earnings and all that. What happened last year really doesn't have as much bearing on this year's unit as some think.

And there's a far cry from "the secondary is broken and we won't win anything with these guys back there" and "I think x, y, and z would maybe work better to clean up this issue." We have way too much of the former and not enough of the latter in these threads.

Maybe they pull the trigger for Peterson and it's all a fart in the wind anyway. I mean, that would be extremely nice.
I am all in for PP. Him and Lattimore as starters would be a lethal combination. I hope we do pull the trigger but my gut instinct tells me we won’t.

“16-20 176 yards, 8.8 up a, 2 TDs, 0 Ints, 136.7 QB Rating”
4 out of 5 of 4th down
One missed fg didn’t win or lose this game. This was a well deserved team win against the best defense in the NFL
Period

Which QB had that stat line? Drew was 22/30 212, 2 TD, 0 INT, 114.9 passer rating.

Watch the last drive by a very mediocre QB and you'll understand.

The victory was awesome but to have the best kicker to ever play the game decide to miss his very first extra point to give us the victory was a bit lucky for us.

The team as it stands now simply can't win a Super Bowl with this defensive backfield and lack of a consistent pass rush.

It's much more about the big picture.

If you're looking to win 10 or 11 games, maybe eek out a division title only to get eliminated in the playoffs, then yeah this result serves as a means to that end perfectly. Outside of that, it isn't going to get us to the promised land.
Might I suggest a new Avatar?

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

I didnt have a problem with the game at all. Did I have a problem with the way we won? NOT AT ALL. Made the victory that much more savory. Remember the miracle comeback only for Carney to miss it? Yesterday, we became 5-1. Im cool with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom