Wow, the guys at Sirius loves this move by the Saints... (1 Viewer)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear Adam Schein's take tomorrow on the Afternoon Blitz. McCray is his guy! (For those who listen to the show knows what I am talking about when I say his guy.) Now, do we move Grant inside and keep Wil on the opposite end of McCray?

We trade smith to move up and draft dorsey or ellis

Can't wait to hear Adam Schein's take tomorrow on the Afternoon Blitz. McCray is his guy! (For those who listen to the show knows what I am talking about when I say his guy.) Now, do we move Grant inside and keep Wil on the opposite end of McCray?

Isn't Charles Grant a DE?

no,no,no,no we do not trade will smith mccray is a 3rd down pass rusher and has been his whole career.

Will Smith... expendable? Please don't get overboard guys. It's a good depth signing & he can come in on rushing downs.

McCray will be our 3rd DE in the rotation... he'll get plenty of snaps. no need to get rid of anybody. The fresher we keep our DEs the better.

We need one more DE actually... bring back Willie Evans!

Does Will Smith become expendable now?

That would be my assumption. This reaks of when Will Smith was drafted to eventually replace Darren Howard, except this time it's a free agent signing. McCray won't be in line for a new deal next year, so I think they'll let Smith walk.

Will Smith doesn't become expendable. He will stay. McCray I think has been brought in to help Grant, and even allow him to see more time inside. Smith is still the best and most important Saints defensive lineman. If we get Gholston, it is a whole other story though

why all the talk about moving Smith? When did we get good enough to send good players packing? Why can't we stack decent players and try to make a SB run? You do know all these guys can play at the same time and in a rotation... I'd love to see a 5-2 sometimes or 3 DE' blitzing on 3rd and long...

This doesn't immediately affect Will Smith and Charles Grant now.

Again, this seems, at immediate glance, to correct a very specific problem. Our passing-down pass rush, and specifically Grant's liability in those situations.

That said, we might not be in such a rush to resign Will Smith now since we have a small amount of leverage there now.

Yes, thus the statement of moving him to the inside.

When has he ever played DT, is my question? It's two totally different skill sets required to be top notch at each position.

My prediction is they won't want to dole out two huge contracts for DEs. Charles Grant will stay where he is, and Will Smith will become an UFA after next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom