Wow, was Fleener even worth it? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Thought he would tear up the NFL with Brees throwing to him. Just unbelievably bad play by him except the 21 yard catch at the end.

Also why is Brees tossing the ball to Cadet/Fleener/Coleman in crunch time? When we have Cooks, Snead and Thomas?

:jpshakehead:

I thought the same. Definitely thought Brees would make him a superstar. Can't say that Brees isn't trying to, just Fleener isn't reciprocating the effort

Through two games, he's left a lot to be desired, but you can't judge that signing through two games.

There are 14 more games left this season. Let's wait until the end of the year before we write him off completely.

fleener REALLY has poor play, I mean Hill is better than him so far. What a joke. I had high hopes but it's like he has no passion like Watson or Graham, and NO hands. He plays so soft

2 receptions on 8 targets is abysmal when you have the entire Giants defense selling out to stop Cooks, Snead, and Thomas.

As a receiver, he's soft as tissue paper. Can't be relied on to make the tough catch.

He must do better. Plain and simple.

As the season continues, I'm sure he'll get it together. Or he won't.

Not worrying about him, to be honest. Cadet's poor fundamentals when catching the ball are concerning. Can't breadbasket catch everything.

I'll just say this..Watson didn't get on track with Drew last year until about week 5 or 6 and he was our system for a few years. This is Coby first year learning a very difficult offense..I'll give him a pass until week 8.

He is no better than Hill, which I thought was not worth the money either.

He must do better. Plain and simple.

As the season continues, I'm sure he'll get it together. Or he won't.

Not worrying about him, to be honest. Cadet's poor fundamentals when catching the ball are concerning. Can't breadbasket catch everything.

I am extremely worried, because the whole point of paying Fleener was so when if a team sold out and succeeded in stopping Cooks, Snead, and Thomas, there would be Fleener to exploit it.

$7.2m dollar a year free agents don't get to wait half a season to "get it together". They need to be on point from opening kickoff.

2 receptions on 8 targets is abysmal when you have the entire Giants defense selling out to stop Cooks, Snead, and Thomas.

This is such a good point! Fleener should be ashamed of himself! The entire team relied on him to make those catches because everyone is getting covered. Poor Brees cant even trust Fleener. Its a frigging joke now, teams dont even have to worry about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom