WR 2022 (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Massive improvement is coming from 2021. Last year because of injury and lack of depth we were playing a 2nd year UDFA as our #1.

Getting back Thomas and drafting Olave fixes so many issues. Callaway and Harty will now fall to a role more suitable to their skill sets.

(Edit) Signing Landry makes this a top 5 WR core. Look to see a lot of 3 WR formations with he Thomas and Olave.

While last year was a disaster at WR it also had a blessing in disguise. Callaway got a lot more reps amd experience than he would have normally which will benefit him greatly this year.

With Thomas and Olave the others are now role players and all 3 have different skill sets which will allow for more versatility.
Calloway isn't an elite but he is smart, tough has good quickness and soft hands. He is a perfect candidate for our primary slot like Willie Snead.

Deonte Harty is small and lacks physicality but he more than makes up for it with blazing fast speed and lightning quick agility, he is a threat to take it to the endzone anytime he touches the ball.

Tre'quan Smith will never light up a stat sheet but he is a solid role player. He has the speed to get downfield a decent receiver and is a very good blocker. He is the definition of a role player.

We have 4 others with the potential to step up and are worth keeping an eye on.

Lil Jordan Humphrey a long possession receiver with outstanding ball skills, but he lacks the speed or quickness to get separation. He has experience in the system but he will have some competition behind him.

Kawaan Baker is explosive, fast and huge hands, he has all the physical tools to be a very good NFL WR. He just needs to get it together mentally. If he does put it together he could quickly becoming a productive player.

Kirk Merritt is extremely explosive and has the speed to take the top off but he is stiff and lacks quickness.

Rasheed Sahib looks like he could be this year's "out of nowhere" steal like Deonte Harty was. Sahib holds the all time FCS record for kickoff return TDs and would be tied for the record in FBS. He is still somewhat raw as a receiver but the talent is definitely there. Don't he surprised if he takes that 6th roster spot at WR.

Dai'Jean Dixon long natural pass catcher, he is a similar build as Humphrey with better speed and athleticism. He could develop but looks like a practice squad candidate for now.

Jalen McClesky a smaller WR with speed he has a smillar build as Harty but not as fast or athletic, he will be competing for a PS at best.

Easop Winston Jr a solid athlete and productive in college he has a similar skill set as Emmanuel Sanders. He can make a solid push if he has developed and continues.

Kevin White a former 7th overall pick and complete bust, has the size and speed to be great, but has the worst hands I have ever seen for an NFL WR, like stone sprayed with silicone and dipped in grease. There is a chance he could still turn it around, not impossible at this point but damn close. 323 career yards and he's 29 years old it's time to move on.

Roster locks: Thomas, Landry, Olave, Harty
Almost a lock: Callaway
His job to lose: Smith
Top Contenders: Humphrey, Shaheed, Baker
Bubble, Winston, Merritt, Dixon
Longshot: McClesky
One foot out the door: White

Possession guys Thomas, Callaway, Humphrey, Winston, Dixon

Tweener Smith

Speed guys Olave, Harty, Sahib, Baker, Merritt, McClesky, White

Return ability Harty, Callaway, Sahib

My prediction
1. Thomas
2. Olave
3. Callaway
4. Harty
5. Smith
6. Sahib

PS
Humphrey,

Tough call between PS or Gone
Winston, Merritt, Dixon

Gone
McClesky, White

Last edited:
Hopefully Calloway’s experience from last year showed him what he needed to work on this Off-season. With a new WR coach and MT hopefully healthy he can have the veteran leadership and coach to help him work on his deficiencies. Working against the other teams #3 CB or Safety this year will definitely help him over going against the #1 CB from last season.

Ya I think we have 5 locks if smith stays healthy this off season. We have room for 1 wr

From a massive weakness to a massive strength with the newest addition of Jarvos Landry.

1. Thomas
2. Landry
3. Olave
4-6. Callaway, Harty, Smith

Bubble: Humphrey, Shaheed

I hope Shaheed can unseat TQS. I don’t think TQS plays special teams which will IMO be a must for him to keep that 6th slot

Callaway was a good blocker last year…and he’s a very good special teams player…already having played multiple roles, along with showing he’s an NFL receiver. I’d be shocked and saddened if he is let go. There’s definitely still upside there. I’m indifferent on TQS. I wish him well but he’s what he is at this point. He’s a limited, bottom of the roster WR without special teams ability. Good blocker but he’s not going to be on the field unless lots of guys go down.

(Edit) Signing Landry makes this a top 5 WR core. Look to see a lot of 3 WR formations with he Thomas and Olave.
(Edit) corps.

Otherwise good points, and you can add that the depth at WR covers the void at TE.

Best top 3 WRs we’ve had, on paper. First time we have 3 Pro Bowl level WRs at the same time. I won’t be fully satisfied until we sign OBJ as our WR4 though.

Harty is a lock as WR4 since he’s a proven return man, a nice deep threat and our best WR last year. He’s Olave’s backup as the deep threat. Right now Callaway and Smith are expected to make the team. But they don’t have a firm lead for the 5th and 6th WR spots with incoming younger faster WRs who have similar skillsets competing with them.

IMO TQS makes the team if Shaheed goes to IR as a stash to get extra ACL recovery because he looks like he’s going to have a great preseason as a STer and playmaker. Callaway makes it if he just continues to show he’s more polished than TQS, Dai’jean Dixon and Kawaan Baker. How Shaheed, Dixon, and Baker looks in preseason determines what will happen with Callaway and TQS. If the former only looks average, then the latter are fine. It’s possible Shaheed and Dixon or Shaheed and Baker ends up looking like the better WR5 & WR6 when July and August comes.

Best top 3 WRs we’ve had, on paper. First time we have 3 Pro Bowl level WRs at the same time. I won’t be fully satisfied until we sign OBJ as our WR4 though.

Harty is a lock as WR4 since he’s a proven return man, a nice deep threat and our best WR last year. He’s Olave’s backup as the deep threat. Right now Callaway and Smith are expected to make the team. But they don’t have a firm lead for the 5th and 6th WR spots with incoming younger faster WRs who have similar skillsets competing with them.

IMO TQS makes the team if Shaheed goes to IR as a stash to get extra ACL recovery because he looks like he’s going to have a great preseason as a STer and playmaker. Callaway makes it if he just continues to show he’s more polished than TQS, Dai’jean Dixon and Kawaan Baker. How Shaheed, Dixon, and Baker looks in preseason determines what will happen with Callaway and TQS. If the former only looks average, then the latter are fine. It’s possible Shaheed and Dixon or Shaheed and Baker ends up looking like the better WR5 & WR6 when July and August comes.
OBJ would be nice. I just dont see how he would fit in on the roster. He would be awesome in season injury replacement though.

Get ready to be dissatisfied, then 😉. Beckham's not playing WR4 for anyone. He'll be monitoring for the best situation for him to play in, while teams will be monitoring his recovery.

Expect Olave to be good, but not necessarily straight away* (rookie curve) and Landry / others to pick up the slack until he is ready.

*This is pure caveat. Hoping he's great out of the gate, of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom