WR FA (1 Viewer)

We don’t need to throw the towel in on Tre’Quan Smith now that he can play a true vertical Z role, with 4 capable pass catchers that draw more focus from the defense.

Last year Kamara was banged up and Cook took a while to gain Brees’ trust. If we can start the season with a healthy Thomas, Kamara, Sanders, and Cook we have 4 extremely talented, proven pass catchers. Now Tre’Quan can play outside the numbers doing what he does best 1 on 1 down the field. He won’t be in a volume role, but he can threaten and make enough plays. We have a ridiculously talented offense.

Sanders only signed a too year deal and he's 33.I'm thinking about the future.I don't care what you say. We need a legit number 3 and my mind will never change on that. Wether he's on our roster now or elsewhere we need a number 3. You can never have too many weapons. If me wanting a legit number 3 receicers is a "fetish" then i guess i have one 👌.
I've heard this 'hunger' for 'just one more WR' for all those years I quoted, and more before that. Each time, the same statement: We just need one more and hey presto, championship.

And yet somehow, not the case. Maybe it just isn't the critical factor you think. (Answer: it isn't)

So when you keep chasing the same dragon, regardless of whether it does you any good or not, I call that a fetish.

Last edited:
Please no threads on below:

Dez Bryant
Antonio Brown
Josh Gordon

I think the bringing in Brown and that whole debacle ended all of that nonsense forever. Dez is the only one who any team would touch at this point and if that was going to happen it would have happened last year when so many teams were desperate for wideouts. Gorden and Brown are toast and all of their talents are now just part of history.

KC didn’t win the super bowl because of their 3 receivers.
SF didn’t get to the bowl because of their 3 receivers.
In fact, there’s been SO MUCH PROOF that top receivers teams often times don’t make playoffs.....
Even more proof from super bowl participants that big receiver talent isn’t required.
Many years, the Pats had ONE.....Edelman.

Okay you want a #3 WR. Here ya go...How about our 7th Round pick Mississippi State's Tommy Stevens who is a quarterback, runs a 4.49, 40 at 6'5", 232 lbs.
He was picked to be Taysom Hill 2.0. First he is a quarterback to be groomed. Then he is a running back(ran for 562 yds at Penn State) has experience as a WR at Penn State before transferring to Mississippi State to play quarterback last season for HC Joe Moorehead who was Stevens QB Coach at Penn State.

Um, we ALREADY signed the top available WR a few months ago.

Do you really think we'll put more $ into another WR.

There is zero chance.

Ummm, why would that prevent them from making a small investment in a veteran WR that is still available? I get saying that they aren't likely to pay big money, but to say there is zero chance that hey sign a veteran WR seems a bit much at this point. Frankly, I would not be surprised if they brought Ginn back on a 1 year Vet Minimum deal.

I like Gabriel as a guy to compete with Harris, Hill, and TQ in that WR 3/4/5 range. If the notion that our front office wants more speed on offense (and they should) he fits that mold, and is a proven NFL caliber lower end WR which we are short on.

Yep. We are set with starters and I'm even okay with TQS as the #3, but if anyone gets hurt, we don't have any good depth after that. I don't really want to see TQS as the #2 or #1 WR. Gabriel would give us a nice solid player to compete with TQS for #3 and he would be a much better option to start if Thomas or Sanders miss some time.

In fact, there’s been SO MUCH PROOF that top receivers teams often times don’t make playoffs.....
Even more proof from super bowl participants that big receiver talent isn’t required.

Yes because kc's receivers had nothing to do with them winning. Patrick mahomes and their runningback scored all the points. Their receivers(including their tight end) was a big reason for them winning. We need a legit number 3 wether people want to admit it or not. Like i said before sanders is 33 and only signed for 2 years. We need a number 3 who can learn from thomas and sanders and become the number 2 when sanders leaves. The chiefs didn't need a qb when they traded up to get mahomes,but they did and it got them a superbowl. The 49ers were unbeaten when they decided to make the trade for sanders.

You also have to look at the qb. Just becausea team has a stable of receivers doesn't mean they will automatically make the playoffs,because you have to have a qb to get them the ball. I honestly can't process what people have against having 3 legit receivers. If drew was a bad or average qb i can understand saying we don't need more receivers. I would want the focus to be on defense.

Please no threads on below:

Dez Bryant
Antonio Brown
Josh Gordon

I thought Marqise Lee with his reconstructed knee would be a great compliment to CGM and Sanders; however, we clearly have no Cap space for anyone of note after the Winston signing.

Now Josh Gordon is looking like a much more interesting prospect with the new Weed friendly CBA.

Frankly, we may not even be able to afford him - but the suspension may help us out with the salry cap if he only plays the second half of the season

This is a commonly held misconception. Just about every Super Bowl team not called the Patriots in the past 10-15 years has had a top 10 paid WR on their team.

And KC certainly has the offense they have because they have really good WRs. Tyreek Hill is a great #1, Watkins is a great #2, and all of their guys 3 through 5 are track stars that put tremendous pressure on the defense, especially with a QB that can extend plays. That front office has done an incredible job of matching their WRs to the scheme and QB. Much better than our front office has.

Also, the Pats didn't only have Edelman. You left off one of the 5 most dangerous receiving threats in football over the past decade... might want to re-think that a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom