WR is the 3rd most important in football now. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The game has changed.

Josh Allen was on fire yesterday , or was he simply hitting the open man as he's been trained to do ? Many times yesterday he looked inept and lost ( Which we are all too used to seeing from our QB's here )
but when someone was open , boy did he put it where it needed to be. The same can be said of Patrick Mahomes in several situations. At times the secondary held up , and he looked lost , but the moment
Hill or Kelce sprung open , flam! It was right there on their chest plates.

Was also evident in Matthew Staffords play yesterday. He was flustered in the 2nd half , until Cooper Kupp got open , and it looked so easy. You can only get a QB up to a certain level , which in my opinion is peak
Peyton Manning or Patrick Mahomes level good , thereon its about having guys that can get open. Whether thats with witts and scheme like Jason Witten or freak athleticism like DK Metcalf , or Elite Speed like Tyreek Hill
or with superior route running and timing like Michael Thomas. You gotta have those guys. You cannot win in this game without them. This is why Sean was digging in for Odell.

That being said , DO NOT be surprised when we trade up for a premiere WR this year.

QB x DT - the only two positions that can affect every single play.
OT x Pass rusher - Today’s game demands that you pressure the other QB and protect yours.
#1 CB x Pass catcher - At some point, you are just going to have to beat the other team’s best weapon/CB one-on-one.

The Saints’ talent (and depth) at most of these positions is the main reason for the great run of success these past several years.

I agree that elite WRs are a key to success.

If by "premiere WR" you mean selected in the 1st round, I would be shocked if we trade up. Later rounds sure, we always move positions, but I don't see SP and ML doing it for a WR. And I'm in the camp that firmly believes we need the best WR we can get in Rd. 1.

Gonna have to disagree that at any point in that game Allen or Mahomes were inept or lost. They were just looking at looking at perfect coverage and using althletic ability to extend the play until someone could get open.

I'm not gonna discredit their receivers either, but when a QB extends the play for 6 extra seconds and a WR comes wide open then I'm giving the QB more credit for that than the WR.

My faith is very low (judging off of past history) but I hope it happens.

I saw a former corner talking about the Bills game and he noted that Davis was open because they prioritized the other receivers like Diggs, and Davis was able to beat single coverage. We need more than one receiver who can beat single coverage and right now we don't have that.

I saw a former corner talking about the Bills game and he noted that Davis was open because they prioritized the other receivers like Diggs, and Davis was able to beat single coverage. We need more than one receiver who can beat single coverage and right now we don't have that.
Assuming MT comes back healthy, I like the idea of Thomas, Calloway & Harris. However we need someone else because as good as Harris is, he's somewhat injury prone.

Assuming MT comes back healthy, I like the idea of Thomas, Calloway & Harris. However we need someone else because as good as Harris is, he's somewhat injury prone.
I agree but I still think we need to take a WR in the first or second. Injuries will happen but quality depth will help you get through.

I don't think Calloway isn't good enough to beat a CB2 and Harris is too small, you can't put him everywhere on the field. Calloway needs to go into 2022 at, at least WR3, preferably 4 with Him and Harty seeing the field on 4/5 wide mostly empty back sets.

I’m not sure if it was arrogance or stupidity from Bowles to leave Kupp 1 on 1 two plays in a row at such a crucial time.

Gonna have to disagree that at any point in that game Allen or Mahomes were inept or lost. They were just looking at looking at perfect coverage and using althletic ability to extend the play until someone could get open.

I'm not gonna discredit their receivers either, but when a QB extends the play for 6 extra seconds and a WR comes wide open then I'm giving the QB more credit for that than the WR.
this is the correct take

I agree that elite WRs are a key to success.

If by "premiere WR" you mean selected in the 1st round, I would be shocked if we trade up. Later rounds sure, we always move positions, but I don't see SP and ML doing it for a WR. And I'm in the camp that firmly believes we need the best WR we can get in Rd. 1.
Agree. Look at Samuel for SF. He has been the key to their success. Kittle hasn't done much, Mitchell is streaky, o-line is decent, Jimmy G. is subpar.

That's why we need that high-end WR that can be snagged in the first round. A playmaker that has ridiculous athleticism.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom