WR Marquez Callaway, is he the final piece to the Saints Wide Receiver Puzzle? (1 Viewer)

4.55 is not fast for a deep speed receiver. I do thing that if we add a receiver to the 55 man roster, it'll be a Ted Ginn type. It's the only type of WR we're lacking right now. His draft profile says that he's a one trick pony deep threat, but his 40 time says he isn't.

Heck, I'm pulling for him anyway.

4.55 is not fast for a deep speed receiver. I do thing that if we add a receiver to the 55 man roster, it'll be a Ted Ginn type. It's the only type of WR we're lacking right now. His draft profile says that he's a one trick pony deep threat, but his 40 time says he isn't.

Honest Q.
Would we be able to utilize a burner anyways? Would the opposing D respect the deep ball?

Honest Q.
Would we be able to utilize a burner anyways? Would the opposing D respect the deep ball?

I think you have to have one regardless, and I think Drew can still throw bombs, just not at the high accuracy/ball placement he once had.
And this likely being his last season, it would be good to get one on the team and learning the offense. Also, if Taysom really is going to get more snaps, he can dang sure zip it downfield. Same with Winston.

I do think that D. Harris can fill that role some, and TQS is fast for his size. But they're both 4.48-ish /40 guys. Which isn't true burner speed, but should be enough to get downfield some to keep defenses honest.

I think you have to have one regardless, and I think Drew can still throw bombs, just not at the high accuracy/ball placement he once had.
And this likely being his last season, it would be good to get one on the team and learning the offense. Also, if Taysom really is going to get more snaps, he can dang sure zip it downfield. Same with Winston.

I do think that D. Harris can fill that role some, and TQS is fast for his size. But they're both 4.48-ish /40 guys. Which isn't true burner speed, but should be enough to get downfield some to keep defenses honest.
While I disagree about Drew on the deep ball, good points in Taysom and Jameis being able to get it downfield.

4.55 is fast enough. 40 speed doesn't always reflect GAME speed.

When the Saints signed Winston the arm strength of the QB room got exponentially stronger.

Teams don't respect or are not afraid of Brees throwing the deep ball anymore and it's shown the last couple of seasons. Even the 55 yard pass that Hill threw to Harris against the Vikings last year was a badly underthrown duck that if Harris would have been hit in stride was an easy walk in TD.

Winston might be able to push the ball down the field to a burner and he's the only Saints QB that is capable of doing it.

As far as Callaway there is just something about this kid that I like.

He's got that dog in him that you have to like where WR's are concerned.

The first time I heard the term about a WR having that "dog" in them was a conversation about Michael Thomas and I thought it was a perfect analogy.

I just think this kid has the same dog in him….........……..JMO.

Those undrafted guys will really need to ball out of control once practice starts.

We could have a diamond in the rough from this class. The question is, which one?

I'm not familiar with Callaway but what I do like from his tape is that he plays big and really goes after the ball. I hope Marquez goes nuts at camp and leaves a lasting impression on the coaches.

I think what stands out about him is his ability to catch the 50/50 balls. Yeah I didn't see blazing speed from him. So we'll see how it all works out. Even if he does end up with a roster, will he be a regular on the inactive list? I guess time will tell.

As far as Callaway there is just something about this kid that I like.

He's got that dog in him that you have to like where WR's are concerned.

The first time I heard the term about a WR having that "dog" in them was a conversation about Michael Thomas and I thought it was a perfect analogy.

I just think this kid has the same dog in him….........……..JMO.
100% agree!

Hopefully Callaway comes in hungry and pushes TQS to either up his game or pack his bags.
Outside of Thomas and Sanders, the WR group is full of ????’s. Harris will make the team because he’s a premier return man, but that still leaves 2-3 spots that are anybody’s guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom