WR rankings (1 Viewer)

Actually about 6 do.

Mims
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Reagor
Jefferson

Im not discounting that a smaller guy with 800 yards as a rookie like Marvin Harrison or ones with 1000 like Joey Galloway, OBJ, or Amari Cooper Amari can't happen.

What Im saying is that objectively speaking, guys bigger than 211 tend to have more 1000 yard seasons.

That is incontrovertible at this point.

Most of those guys, you’re talking about less than 10 pounds from that weight though... Do you think coaches are saying, “hey man try not to sweat too much today, we don’t want you to drop below 211”.. It’s completely arbitrary to football ability.

He is not the freak athlete that typically gets drafted way too high (with plenty of bust potential) but I really believe Justin Jefferson is the most NFL ready WR in this draft....He would make an immediate impact for us in the slot....

Most of those guys, you’re talking about less than 10 pounds from that weight though... Do you think coaches are saying, “hey man try not to sweat too much today, we don’t want you to drop below 211”.. It’s completely arbitrary to football ability.
The other six guys like Mims (6.66 3 cone) or Ruggs (4.2 speed, 10" hands, 40" vertical) or Jeudy & Lamb ( top 3 10 yard splits) I view as outliers with enough talent in other areas to compensate for a lack of sheer size..

Even Reagor has an 43" vertical despite being on the short side as well as a 4.47 40.

If it was that arbitrary then you would likely see many more wrs above that listed weight having more 1000 yard seasons but it's just the oppposite.

There is a strong correlation with that weight range and early success, just like @harschman pointed out that there is also a strong correlation with things like 3 cone and hand size.

Of course I know you well enough by now to now that most of this will still likely mean nothing to you but I still feel that it was worth pointing out.

He is not the freak athlete that typically gets drafted way too high (with plenty of bust potential) but I really believe Justin Jefferson is the most NFL ready WR in this draft....He would make an immediate impact for us in the slot....
A double slot offense like Minnesota with Thielen and Diggs with Sanders and Jefferson.

I like Jefferson but I have no idea why most here prefer him over bigger more athletic guys who have historically done better with Brees.

A double slot offense like Minnesota with Thielen and Diggs with Sanders and Jefferson.

I like Jefferson but I have no idea why most here prefer him over bigger more athletic guys who have historically done better with Brees.

I really like Jefferson but not enough to trade up for him. Not when there will be a very good WR available to us at #24 and this is a draft you really want mid round picks. If the Saints trade up it’d have to be a guy who I think is a top 5 pick who slips, such as Jeudy. But I understand that there are LSU fans on this forum who have Jefferson at the top.

]Of course I know you well enough by now to now that most of this will still likely mean nothing to you but I still feel that it was worth pointing out.

These clashes are going to happen as long as our talent evaluation process is so different. As long as we can both accept that and have good back and forth I think we can get along. The fun of it all is that this will play out and one of us will be more correct than the other, and I’m excited about that.

I really like Jefferson but not enough to trade up for him. Not when there will be a very good WR available to us at #24 and this is a draft you really want mid round picks. If the Saints trade up it’d have to be a guy who I think is a top 5 pick who slips, such as Jeudy. But I understand that there are LSU fans on this forum who have Jefferson at the top.

I don't think the Saints (as long as SP is listening to Ireland) will ever trade up for a WR in the 1st round again....at least I hope so....another thing about JJ, did he drop a single pass last year? I can't remember if he did, maybe one in the playoff against GA or OK?

Maintaining the "Bobby Hebert pronunciation " matrix, no choice but Lavisha Shenault!
I can hear it now! Domination!

If Jefferson is there then even I wouldn't be disappointed if they took him even though I feel that a few bigger guys are better options.

I don't think it matters what we think because they are likely going to trade up again anyway.

I just hope that it isn't for another tiny wr like Sanders when they traded Cooks away for the same reason and they have been having issues with wrs getting open vs tough playoff defense.

I don't think the Saints (as long as SP is listening to Ireland) will ever trade up for a WR in the 1st round again....at least I hope so....another thing about JJ, did he drop a single pass last year? I can't remember if he did, maybe one in the playoff against GA or OK?
Yep.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Only 1 wr charted didn't drop a pass with more than 100 targets: Hasise Dubois.

@harschman

I would like to see you include ten yard split in your next evaluation.

1.45 seconds
D.K. Metcalf's 10-yard split of his 4.33-second 40-yard dash clocked in at 1.45 seconds. This is the fastest 10-split by any combine runner in my database (starting in 2003). For some context, this is faster than Julio Jones' 1.50 10-yard split and 4.42 second 40-yard dash and they are similar heights: Metcalf checked in at 6-3 3/8 and 228 pounds, while Jones was 6-2 3/4 and 220 pounds. I don't mean to suggest they are the same; I am only saying that results like Metcalf's help generate more positive momentum, countering his injury history at Ole Miss.

I already mentioned that Jeudy, Lamb, Osborn, etc are top in this class.

Michael Thomas also had a 1.52 if i recall.

Ruggs beat Metcalf's 10 yard split from last year.

Top 10 yd splits for wrs

Ruggs. 1.43
Lamb. 1.46
KJ Osborn. 1.47
Jeudy. 1.48
Kendrick Rodgers. 1.48
John Hightower. 1.49

Osborne not only had an impressive split but he also managed 18 reps on the bench (as many as Michael Thomas, 1 less than Chase Claypool).

Kirk Merritt quietly put up 23 reps on the bench to match the top figure at the combine.

Add 4.33 speed, 10" hands and a 45" vertical

He has the makings of a late round steal.

I expect him to be drafted by round 6.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom