Write in Romney. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Miller should vote for anyone he chooses. We all have one vote to use as we wish and I support his right to spend it on someone with no chance of winning. As I told Sabine in a PM, I have been considering voting for whoever runs on the Constitution Party ticket in the general election. It would be a way to vote for someone more closely aligned with my beliefs than any of those running for one of the major parties. I have voted Libertarian in several previous elections, so it's not unusual for me. Vote for whomever you like. The only way I would vote for one of the major party candidates this time is if Hillary wins the Demiocratic nomination. In that case, I will have to hold my nose and vote for McCain. Otherwise, I will vote third party and let the rest of the nation sort it out.

Hey, I voted for Nader - twice.

It is inevitable with people such as yourself hopping on the McCain train. I just wish most of america wasn't ignorant and actually tried to understand the issues each candidate stands for.

I'm referring to all those exit polls where people who were against the Iraq war, and people who wanted to deport all illegals cast their vote for McCain. It's just sad.

Hopefully 2012, the someone will run on the Ron Paul platform and we will do a better job this time. A lot of the grassroots were not mobilized until the end and it was too late. We'll see what happens next time.

Last edited:
No. Obviously none of those decrease spending so clearly when he says "decrease spending/reduce the budget" he doesn't mean any of those things. But you were being rhetorical weren't you?

You expected him to give a line-by-line accounting of pork barrel spending over the past few years on his campaign website?

He's also the one who made quite a few of his current conservative enemies by pushing hard for campaign finance reform and have a real effect in that debate. Ron Paul was opposed to this by the way in typical Ron Paul fashion. Citing free speech which, in theory, it falls under but in practice is terribly abused.

McCain isn't a fan of bringing knives to a gun fight. I don't blame him. At least he made the effort to outlaw the "guns" unlike Ron Paul :rolleyes:

Try reading Ron Paul's website.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Not a lot more substance.

Really this post was mostly just a lot of

Better hop on the McCain-Train, Ron Paul is sunk already :9:

My post was a lot of Ron Paul? Funny, I didn't mention him once and didn't plan on doing so but since you brought him up.

No doubt Ron Paul is sunk but don't say he doesn't have any substance when he speaks of cutting spending. He wants to bring the troops home, not only from Iraq but from around the world. He wants to eliminate the Department of Education, he wants to drastically reduce welfare, he wants to eliminate health care, education and welfare to illegals, he wants to greatly reduce the size of the IRS and eventually eliminate them all together, he wants to quit subsidizing crops, he wants to decrease the size and roll of the CIA and FBI and he wants to rapidly pay off the national debt to get us out from huge interest payments.

As for Paul and campaign finance reform. Guess who has voted for campaign reform everytime it passed his desk. Yep, and he did it without applying for matching funds like McCain.

I'm not asking McCain to give a line by line example of pork barrel spending he wants to eliminate but good god he could pick just a couple to explain.

Here is your 2007 budget, McCain wants to increase spending in just about every one of these sectors. The budget last year was $500 Billion over. The earmarks he speaks of cutting falls all the way at the bottom under General government. Lets say he cuts 50% of the earmarks. Now the budget is only upside down $490 Billion before he increases spending on Social Security, defense, medicare, unemployment and welfare, education, verterans benefits and the environment.
$586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security
$548.8 billion (+9.0%) - Defense[2]
$394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
$367.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare
$276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related
$243.7 billion (+13.4%) - Interest on debt
$89.9 billion (+1.3%) - Education and training
$76.9 billion (+8.1%) - Transportation
$72.6 billion (+5.8%) - Veterans' benefits
$43.5 billion (+9.2%) - Administration of justice
$33.1 billion (+5.7%) - Natural resources and environment
$32.5 billion (+15.4%) - Foreign affairs
$27.0 billion (+3.7%) - Agriculture
$26.8 billion (+28.7%) - Community and regional development
$25.0 billion (+4.0%) - Science and technology
$23.5 billion (+0.0%) - Energy
$20.1 billion (+11.4%) - General government

Nope, I have no point at all. I'm just that annoying kid tapping my pencil during an exam. Funny how you like to tell me to quit pimping Ron Paul but everytime I open a political thread there you are with a McCain sign.

Last edited:
... :mad: I'm not going to spend the time or energy re-doing it all except to say that the Carter presidency was not anymore the disaster it has been blackwashed to be as the Reagan presidency has been whitewashed as American utopia...

Dude.

No doubt Ron Paul is sunk but don't say he doesn't have any substance when he speaks of cutting spending. He wants to bring the troops home, not only from Iraq but from around the world. He wants to eliminate the Department of Education, he wants to drastically reduce welfare, he wants to eliminate health care, education and welfare to illegals, he wants to greatly reduce the size of the IRS and eventually eliminate them all together, he wants to quit subsidizing crops, he wants to decrease the size and roll of the CIA and FBI and he wants to rapidly pay off the national debt to get us out from huge interest payments.

That's a plan that has a chance! :9:

gotta make the vote count. If you write in somebody, then you are voting for a democrat like Obama or Clinton.

McCain is not my first choice. But, I do believe he will look out for the best interest of America. The man was a POW for six years, they offered for him to come home and he refuesed, staying behind with his men. Anybody here who has served in military, knows this is a sign of good officership and leadership. Could you see Clinton or Obama doing this, let alone serving in the military, I think not.

McCain has the experience. His is pretty much a RINO (Repulican in Name Only), but I do believe he will surround himself with solid advisors.

But, gotta make the vote count. A protest / statement vote only goes toward a plus vote for the other side.

gotta make the vote count. If you write in somebody, then you are voting for a democrat like Obama or Clinton.

McCain is not my first choice. But, I do believe he will look out for the best interest of America. The man was a POW for six years, they offered for him to come home and he refuesed, staying behind with his men. Anybody here who has served in military, knows this is a sign of good officership and leadership. Could you see Clinton or Obama doing this, let alone serving in the military, I think not.

McCain has the experience. His is pretty much a RINO (Repulican in Name Only), but I do believe he will surround himself with solid advisors.

But, gotta make the vote count. A protest / statement vote only goes toward a plus vote for the other side.

John Kerry still has schrapnel in his body from Vietnam-- but it didn't stop some misguided people from questioning his patriotism in '04.

McInsaine has zero chance against Hitlery or Osama. This election is about as rigged as you can get. The ones who run this country will nominate who they want as president not what you and I want. I want to vote for the one who will put more money in my pocket and make this country better but the country has already decided whats best for it and not whats best for me. Im thinking about writing in my vote.

This election is about as rigged as you can get. The ones who run this country will nominate who they want as president not what you and I want. I want to vote for the one who will put more money in my pocket and make this country better but the country has already decided whats best for it and not whats best for me. Im thinking about writing in my vote.

The deck is stacked against third party candidates, but McCain and Obama weren't the insider picks for this election.

TRC's have already been questioning McCain's war record.

Back in 2000 Rove push polled the idea that McCain's capture and torture made him "mentally imbalanced".

These guys are maestro's at the political game, they can do whatever they want with whatever is at hand.

Surviving Saint said:
McInsaine has zero chance against Hitlery or Osama. This election is about as rigged as you can get. The ones who run this country will nominate who they want as president not what you and I want. I want to vote for the one who will put more money in my pocket and make this country better but the country has already decided whats best for it and not whats best for me. Im thinking about writing in my vote.

Not sure what you mean as McCain is in the process of being democratically elected by popular vote in a primary, much to the consternation of the Republican party establishment :shrug: Your post might have some validity to it only if the democratic nomination came down to "Super-delegates" and went to Hillary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom