Write in Romney. (1 Viewer)

The MSM and anyone else involved in running the country. Big businesses. Why can't there be an election where WE the people vote on a particular day and the outcome is square on us? Why does having the most delegates mean they have the best shot of a nomination? My vote means nothing. Sure I will go through the motions but in the end my vote might as well not even count.

How can anyone following this race not see the MSM bias? It is utterly disgusting how the spin doctors twist, distort, and censor the political process.

Makes you really lose faith in the system and the population as a whole.

How can anyone following this race not see the MSM bias? It is utterly disgusting how the spin doctors twist, distort, and censor the political process.

Makes you really lose faith in the system and the population as a whole.

I'm following it, religiously, and I don't see bias. I see them largely ignoring certain fringe niche candidates like Kucinich, Gravel or Paul. However, that's not bias IMO. That's simply giving the "major" candidates who have a snowballs chance in H-E-double hockey sticks of becoming President the face time because that's what people care about.

No matter how much face time you give the fringe they will still be fringe.

Why can't there be an election where WE the people vote on a particular day and the outcome is square on us? Why does having the most delegates mean they have the best shot of a nomination?

Delegates are determined by a popular vote :shrug:

Are you saying elections are rigged? I'm not following I guess.

Delegates are determined by a popular vote :shrug:

Are you saying elections are rigged? I'm not following I guess.

I think what he's saying is instead of having delegates and an electoral college, just have our individual votes counted and that popular vote determines a winner. A true democracy.

I think what he's saying is instead of having delegates and an electoral college, just have our individual votes counted and that popular vote determines a winner. A true democracy.

Really? Because from this
The MSM and anyone else involved in running the country. Big businesses. Why can't there be an election where WE the people vote on a particular day and the outcome is square on us?

He seems to be implying MSM and Big Business are running the country.

What did he say that wasn't true?? :dunno:
To minimize the Carter administration's failure in any capacity is just arguing for arguings sake. TPS was doing that, (not that he shouldn't. It is his calling card...:ezbill: ) and I thought it was more outlandish than usual. I lived in Georgia during Carter's term. Even Georgia democrats thought he had failed miserably. His work since the White House has been a thousand times better than anything he did in his four years spent inside.

>>McInsaine has zero chance against Hitlery or Osama.

Terrible. Absolutely, blitheringly terrible.
rating_1.gif
<LABEL for=vote1><INPUT id=vote1 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=vote>Terrible</LABEL>

TPS

Last edited:
>>The MSM and anyone else involved in running the country.

How is the "mainstream meadia" making this decision? The majority of them seem to be befuddled about how we got to a split Democratic electorate and that Senator McCain made the comeback he did. Others (Giuliani in particular) made calculated choices on how they wanted to run their campaigns that didn't pay off. The only place I've seen or heard "media" personalities saying who people should vote for is in the extremist, rightwing, hate-mongering media. I'm talking the likes of Savage and Limbaugh, both of whom I have heard directing their herds on what to do. Don't try to deny it because it would only make you a fraud. You're throwing out talking points like you know what you are talking about.

>>Big businesses.

Big business is the lapdog of the GOP and always has been. The Democrats have recently started to catch up among the corporate interests. Paul, Kuchinich and maybe Gravel would have been your only choices otherwise. It's not a left vs. right thing FWIW. Btw, Mr. Obama said last night that he hasn't taken any lobbyist money and launched a shot at both Hillary and McCain about where both are getting their money.

>>Why can't there be an election where WE the people vote on a particular day and the outcome is square on us?

Because we live in a republic, so it doesn't work that way.

>>Why does having the most delegates mean they have the best shot of a nomination? My vote means nothing. Sure I will go through the motions but in the end my vote might as well not even count.

It doesn't unless you voted for the winning candidate. That's the way it always is. Your voice, however, can still be heard. Just make sure you use your own and don't just regurgitate someone else's. That will make you less cynical and probably happier.
:9:

TPS

>>To minimize the Carter administration's failure in any capacity is just arguing for arguings sake. TPS was doing that, (not that he shouldn't. It is his calling card...:ezbill: ) and I thought it was more outlandish than usual. I lived in Georgia during Carter's term. Even Georgia democrats thought he had failed miserably. His work since the White House has been a thousand times better than anything he did in his four years spent inside.

You missed the point. I never said Carter was God of Presidents. Nor did I attempt to imply such. What I said was the specific talking point reiterated by Mr. Jeff Miller and later parroted again on this thread, "Sometimes it takes 4 years of Carter to get 8 years of Reagan" is freaking stupid. It is. If there is something that this country can't afford would be another 8 years of Reagan. The policies were twisted, the motives were off, and they all got pardoned. Give me a nice guy who tries to do the right thing over a bunch of crooked embezzlers any day. All the scum leftover in the oval office from Presidents Clinton and Bush would be a drop in the bucket or a small stain on a dress in comparison to the Exxon Valdez oil spill that was the cess of the Reagan era.

Ring ring ring, reality calling. :17:

TPS

>>To minimize the Carter administration's failure in any capacity is just arguing for arguings sake. TPS was doing that, (not that he shouldn't. It is his calling card...:ezbill: ) and I thought it was more outlandish than usual. I lived in Georgia during Carter's term. Even Georgia democrats thought he had failed miserably. His work since the White House has been a thousand times better than anything he did in his four years spent inside.

You missed the point. I never said Carter was God of Presidents. Nor did I attempt to imply such. What I said was the specific talking point reiterated by Mr. Jeff Miller and later parroted again on this thread, "Sometimes it takes 4 years of Carter to get 8 years of Reagan" is freaking stupid. It is. If there is something that this country can't afford would be another 8 years of Reagan. The policies were twisted, the motives were off, and they all got pardoned. Give me a nice guy who tries to do the right thing over a bunch of crooked embezzlers any day. All the scum leftover in the oval office from Presidents Clinton and Bush would be a drop in the bucket or a small stain on a dress in comparison to the Exxon Valdez oil spill that was the cess of the Reagan era.

Ring ring ring, reality calling. :17:

TPS

You know Steve, many in that admin were crooked. Although I think a lot of that started to happen later in the administration when Ronnie started to go senile and they started running the country based on what Nancy's astrologer said. I doubt it would have happened earlier on. Still, it's really no excuse.

However, I have to think that had Ronnie been President for the last 8 years, we would not be in the situation in the Middle East that we are in now. Ronnie knew how to run a covert successful war and how to take down an enemy with minimal loss of life.

You know Steve, many in that admin were crooked. Although I think a lot of that started to happen later in the administration when Ronnie started to go senile and they started running the country based on what Nancy's astrologer said. I doubt it would have happened earlier on. Still, it's really no excuse.

However, I have to think that had Ronnie been President for the last 8 years, we would not be in the situation in the Middle East that we are in now. Ronnie knew how to run a covert successful war and how to take down an enemy with minimal loss of life.

Ronnie, or Bush I?

What's your source of information?

My source of information is that I attended a state law school very similar in rank to LSU and later, attended a private school with more stringent entrance standards. Law school is all about competition and where you fall on the curve. A school that has much higher entrance standards wil have more intelligent and harder working "competition." They can't give everyone an "A." I've experienced it first hand.

I lived in Georgia during Carter's term. Even Georgia democrats thought he had failed miserably.

So he won Georgia in the 1980 election by 20 points without the help of Georgia Democrats?

I agree completely with Steve. Carter's problem was that he was honest with people - if you really get down to what people hated about Carter was his asking the American people to sacrifice. Instead we went the opposite direction - greed and consumerism to the extreme. the latter are the true legacies of the Reagan years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom