Writers Strike is over! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The former chief of Disney, Michael Eisner, declared Thursday night that the writers' strike was "over" and that a deal had been reached last weekend.

During a CNBC interview, Eisner -- who now runs his own investment company and hosts an occasional talk show on the network -- told "Fast Company" anchor Dylan Rattigan: "They [studios and writers] made the deal, they shook hands on the deal. It's going on Saturday to the writers in general" for agreement.

Eisner's declaration is the first by an industry leader affirming widespread reports over the weekend that a deal had been struck Feb. 1. Both studios and the Guild, under a self-imposed media blackout while negotiations have been under way, declined to comment.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/ny-etstrike0208,0,5180930.story

When they first said the strike was happening, I said, "Thank God. That's fewer of my wife's shows I have to watch."

Now I'm saying, "Thank God. That's fewer of my wife's reality shows I have to watch."

there was a writers strike?

you mean there are other things on t.v. besides ninja warrior? :shrug: who knew?

I would have gotten new writers a long time ago.

Now I can go back to continuing to not watch television. :17:

TPS

Yaaahhh......now let the mediocre television and blockbuster remakes flow..........

now back to your regularly scheduled brain rotting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom