Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak (Update: 15 US cases confirmed) (39 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, Singapore is pretty much where the virus is supposed to not do well, yet it's spreading there. That's definitely not a good sign.

I'm still worried about Indonesia. If I were running things, I wouldn't allow anyone to come here from Indonesia until they get their shirt together and get serious about the virus.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So, Singapore is pretty much where the virus is supposed to not do well, yet it's spreading there. That's definitely not a good sign.
Once again, it's not the flu. It's closely related to the common cold that thrives year round .

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once again, it's not the flu. It's closely related to the common cold that thrives year round .
I didn't say it was the flu. Where did you get that? There were some questions earlier about whether the virus would be more or less affected by climate. Clearly this is still in the early stages and we don't yet know what conditions have the most effect.

And while the common cold does thrive year round, there are conditions that are more favorable or less favorable to its ability to spread.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I didn't say it was the flu. Where did you get that? There were some questions earlier about whether the virus would be more or less affected by climate. Clearly this is still in the early stages and we don't yet know what conditions have the most effect.

And while the common cold does thrive year round, there are conditions that are more favorable or less favorable to its ability to spread.
You said

"So, Singapore is pretty much where the virus is supposed to not do well, yet it's spreading there. That's definitely not a good sign"

Why isn't it supposed to do not well there? All a common cold needs to spread is contact with another person regardless of season.
Colds are more common in winter because we humans tend to congregate in places like school or shopping malls

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 25)

Headlines

Top Bottom