COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good onfo on this site.

"COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:
AGE​
DEATH RATE
80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

In general, relatively few cases are seen among children."

Really good onfo on this site.

Same page also gives mortality rates to date for various pre-existing conditions. I am surprised to see that simply having hypertension makes a COVID-19 patient over six times likelier to die than healthy patients. I wonder what the science behind that is?

Same page also gives mortality rates to date for various pre-existing conditions. I am surprised to see that simply having hypertension makes a COVID-19 patient over six times likelier to die than healthy patients. I wonder what the science behind that is?

Here is the paper. https://github.com/cmrivers/ncov/blob/master/COVID-19.pdf

The link at the bottom of that page doesn't work so I searched google and found it.

Interesting take on what to make of the Chinese data:

I think we've been saying the same thing way earlier in this thread. Many of us agreed that the graphs were looking just a little too perfect.

Another example of things that actually make some sense from an epidemic-control standpoint . . . but would have Americans losing their sheet.

Tulane center receives grant to research coronavirus vaccine

COVINGTON, La. (WVUE) - Researchers based at Tulane‘s National Primate Research Center in Covington are about to embark on a program designed to find a vaccine for coronavirus. They will soon receive active virus to begin work under a $40 million grant.

OH lawd, I work right around the corner from this place. I've seen Outbreak. Does Wally World carry rabid primate repellent? I guess it's time to dust off the bugout bag.

Last edited:
I think we've been saying the same thing way earlier in this thread. Many of us agreed that the graphs were looking just a little too perfect.

Yeah, I suspect the actual numbers are much higher than what China is reporting. I wonder if we'll ever get the true scale of it.

Another likely-super-spreader. A single case in South Korea has resulted in at least 11 infections (10 from exposure at the patient's church). The Republic of Korea announced 15 new cases today.

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20501000000&bid=0015&list_no=366236&act=view

Do you know what city? My brother in laws just flew from Korea to the states today. Will be seeing them tomorrow. Don't think they're sick, but this news hits close to home for my in laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom