COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason we are not seeing any more cases in the US? I believe we are going on 5 days now without a new case?

Is there a reason we are not seeing any more cases in the US? I believe we are going on 5 days now without a new case?

I think our countermeasures have been cautious and sensible - that has helped, particularly in the travel restrictions and the quarantine. Perhaps some luck too.

We’ll see. Doing well so far. The problem becomes much more difficult as new clusters appear outside of China. For example, when do you start imposing measures related to Japan and South Korea? Singapore? I’m also curious to see if anything comes out of Hawaii - another week to 10 days still to wait on those contacts with the infected Japanese couple.

Other than the 14 confirmed and 12 suspected we imported that we arent counting?

A total of 471 people have been tested per CDC. They have about 55 more waiting to be tested. The only way anyone in the USA can be tested is if they have been to China or a close contact of someone that has it. Until a functional test is available CDC cant handle more than a couple dozen tests a day so unless you meet that criteria it wont even be tested.

Other than the 14 confirmed and 12 suspected we imported that we arent counting?

A total of 471 people have been tested per CDC. They have about 55 more waiting to be tested. The only way anyone in the USA can be tested is if they have been to China or a close contact of someone that has it. Until a functional test is available CDC cant handle more than a couple dozen tests a day so unless you meet that criteria it wont even be tested.

Why would we count people who didn't contract the disease here from another? If somebody contracts the disease in another country, then they come over here for care, they could not be counted as a person who contracted the disease in the US.

Why would we count people who didn't contract the disease here from another? If somebody contracts the disease in another country, then they come over here for care, they could not be counted as a person who contracted the disease in the US.

If you use that criteria there are only like 2 or three cases in the US. It's probably better to count any active cases in the country despite where they contracted it. If we are being transparent.

If you use that criteria there are only like 2 or three cases in the US. It's probably better to count any active cases in the country despite where they contracted it. If we are being transparent.

That's even better news then. We really only have two cases in the use that came from human transmission in the states? Fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom