COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong to pretty much discount all of Twitter concerning this Wuhan virus? I want all information triple-vetted, corroborated, and presented through old-line traditional media.

Am I wrong to pretty much discount all of Twitter concerning this Wuhan virus? I want all information triple-vetted, corroborated, and presented through old-line traditional media.
Problem is, all official information is coming directly from Chinese government which is somewhere in between Alex Jones and Twitter

dgkhi6yw0aaq3f1.jpg

Problem is, all official information is coming directly from Chinese government which is somewhere in between Alex Jones and Twitter
I don't mind reading unofficial sources or even educated conjecture. Just not on Twitter, or on the zillion quasi-news pages that make nice-looking links.

Boy, the Chinese government is amazing. They got the virus to peak out and start declining the same day they had planned to let everyone go back to work. We should probably look towards switching to a dictatorship because it's just better in every single way. If you dont believe me, just ask the Chinese Gov.

The most transparent thing they have done so far is tell everyone the official numbers are about as real as unicorn poop. Meanwhile, they still havent let their own mouthpiece (WHO) step foot in the epicenter and are actively and aggressively arresting people that post about the virus.

Now that all the concentration camp style hospitals, soccer stadiums, tent cities and health facilities are overrun they are starting to confiscate privately owned buildings to house more people.

Its infuriating. Transparency here could mean the difference in millions of lives.

Not possible.
That means not even a near approach to truth is possible. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe. All I see is all kinds of people going off half-cocked all over the place.

I can't personally verify China's numbers. Neither can I personally verify numbers from hundreds of random Twitter folks. Neither can I personally verify where and when various shocking videos were taken.

So. I'm left to construct, basically from whole cloth, "truth" within my own head. I know pessimism and panic sell and get clicks. In that environment ... what should I believe? Even throwing out China's official info ... the available unofficial info ranges from

a) "All humans will DIE within six months!"

to

b) "This will be like another regularly-recurring influenza strain at very worst -- bad enough, but manageable in aggregate how influenza has come to be".

I can’t help but feel sorry for those on the Diamond Princess.

They are being used as guinea pigs to try and find some truths out about this virus because of the assumed lies and secrets of the CCP.

They should have been removed from the ship a long time ago and put into a safer quarantine environment. They are all basically sat there waiting to catch the virus.

I do think it's more complicated than that. There are more than 3,000 people on that ship. Disembarking them to quarantine would be a significant undertaking for medical and security staff. It might also require quite a bit of work by the Japanese state department to get visas and what have you in place. I think it's a really tough situation.

Guess I fouled up the "add quotes" to you, WY'atB, but his was for you.

Nah, no beef with you. I just don't like Dallas. I also don't like .gifs, but I'll cut you some slack on that one. ;)

Last edited:
That means not even a near approach to truth is possible. Everyone is free to believe what they want to believe. All I see is all kinds of people going off half-cocked all over the place.

I can't personally verify China's numbers. Neither can I personally verify numbers from hundreds of random Twitter folks. Neither can I personally verify where and when various shocking videos were taken.

So. I'm left to construct, basically from whole cloth, "truth" within my own head. I know pessimism and panic sell and get clicks. In that environment ... what should I believe? Even throwing out China's official info ... the available unofficial info ranges from

a) "All humans will DIE within six months!"

to

b) "This will be like another regularly-recurring influenza strain at very worst -- bad enough, but manageable in aggregate how influenza has come to be".

FWIW, I lean heavy to option B. But I get it in that I don't believe everything from Twitter either. It's too easy for someone to send a video with their own commentary, whether it's true or false. And like others have said, the Chinese gov't is not credible in reporting the truth, so you can try and weed through the available Tweets for what may seem believable, or discount all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom