COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New UK case unrelated to the Brighton case. It doesn’t say how long the woman was in public after arriving at Heathrow from China.

my wife is going to be so pleased to hear this.

for last 15 years, my oldest had peanut/dairy allergy. When we flew w/ her, she would wear mask ( up until 2019- she outgrew the peanut allergy ) my wife would wipe down darn near the entire plane. She will crack a smile and say " SEEEEE??!?! wasnt so stupid after all " lol
I’m going to Vegas and LA next 2 weeks. I’m not scared of the corona Virus. I’ve survived my wife’s cooking for 25 years no virus in the world can hurt this body!

Gilead is capable of ramping up production and meeting demand. If it's ok for government to confiscate IP for uses then there will be no IP next time around. At the very least it will not get shared publicly. Next thing you know, you have companies claiming they have a cure and dangle unknown pill over the heads of general public while refusing to disclose due to IP theft concerns.

I do think it's more complicated than that. There are more than 3,000 people on that ship. Disembarking them to quarantine would be a significant undertaking for medical and security staff. It might also require quite a bit of work by the Japanese state department to get visas and what have you in place. I think it's a really tough situation.
I don’t see that they would need a visa to go into quarantine, and the infected are being moved to Japanese hospitals so it’s not a whole lot different to move them to a multiple isolation units.

I'm going to go with save lives over protect profits.

We wouldnt be at this point had China not acted like fools in Dec 2019 to protect the party.

They could partner with Gilead. They could compensate Gilead. None of which will happen. They will effectively "steal" this, put several hundred scientists on it to amend it, for the next novel virus outbreak ( because there will be another one originating from China )

nah, they dont get to infect 1000s ( if not more ) outside China and be rewarded for it.

This one, the global community should stand firm on with China. in solidarity.

EFF that.

I don’t see that they would need a visa to go into quarantine, and the infected are being moved to Japanese hospitals so it’s not a whole lot different to move them to a multiple isolation units.

Yeah, I'm just saying 3,000 people to isolation units is a big ask. Even had the vessel been in Los Angeles or Southampton, I'm not sure the result would be different.

Interesting note from the Singapore update. There are three cases in Singapore attributed to the business meeting (conference) at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore. I believe that's the same conference that the Brighton/Hove resident UK citizen was infected before he then infected at least five people in France and additional people in Brighton.

Hype will dye down soon, some big pharma company will make a vaccine and billions of dollars.

Hype will dye down soon, some big pharma company will make a vaccine and billions of dollars.

I'm almost looking forward to the massive hypocrisy of parents who'll immunize against Covid but not Measles.

I'm almost looking forward to the massive hypocrisy of parents who'll immunize against Covid but not Measles.

This is as silly as the people comparing covid to the flu. Measles killed about .2 percent of the infected. Some figures have it much much lower. One of these is not like the other.

It would be totally unprecedented for a vaccine to be developed so quickly.

Apparently remdesivir is working for those affected. The patient in Washington state improved after it was administerd.

But this is treatment after being infected - if there are too many infected there will not be enough of it to around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom