Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak (Update: 17 US cases confirmed) (38 Viewers)

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
UPDATED TRACKER LINKS:

It shouldn't be a big deal but with a large number of people unable to afford healthcare, and the anti vax crowd growing there's a small chance that this could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I most definetly prefer overkill to underkill, and practicality has never been my strong suit.
I say go for it. I ordered a box of medical gloves, masks, and hospital-grade disinfectant from Amazon. They’re not that expensive so if you don’t need them, store them for the next global outbreak. When the run starts you’ll be ahead of the game.

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
I say go for it. I ordered a box of medical gloves, masks, and hospital-grade disinfectant from Amazon. They’re not that expensive so if you don’t need them, store them for the next global outbreak. When the run starts you’ll be ahead of the game.
They're relatively cheap on Amazon. With my luck I'll get the cheapest version that tears and catch it anyway. Oh well. If I'm going out, Chinese bat virus isn't the worst way. Damn you, Wuhan market.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
save your money on disinfectants. Household bleach will kill any virus or bacteria known to man. The beauty is they can never
develop immunity to it. be careful when using it though/ All it takes is one ounce per gallon of water. Most people don't realize
how strong bleach is and over do it.

https://www.info.gov.hk/info/sars/en/useofbleach.htm

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cities outside of Hubei are going into lockdown - Shantou is on the coast, nowhere near Wuhan.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
CNN now reporting over 2000 cases and at least 56 dead. The near linear 50% daily increase in numbers of cases and deaths seems very odd, particularly with thousands of doctors going into Wuhan from around China and they are still being overwhelmed. If the official numbers are right, then each doctor would only have to confirm 1 new case every few days. The real numbers are probably absurdly higher.

Also, pretty cool page to track the cases.

Last edited:

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well fork. Appears to spread in latent phase.

Yikes. That would mean there's a WHOLE bunch of virus sitting out there waiting to bust loose into action. I swear I need to stop clicking on this thread because every time I do, the news gets just a bit more worrisome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 22)

Headlines

Top Bottom