COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, they boarder Iraq and there are tons of troops there. I foresee some attacks on the troops out there to take advantage.

you need more than one or you will be looking at a basic tree every year.

Citrus needs cross pollination. So you need 2 trees ( or some nearby ) at least.

I had a satsuma ( owari ) tree at old home. for 7 years it grew, flowered and then had flower drop. My neighbor in year 8 planted a lemon tree. BAM. ( I had also reached out to LSU Ag to figure out why and they were the ones who alerted me to this issue ).
Nope, citrus is self pollinating

Nope, citrus is self pollinating

maybe i misunderstood then because it took 7 years to actually get fruit on my tree and that was only after my nieghbor planted a lemon tree.

But i could swear they told me i needed another tree nearby to pollinate.

well i have anohter one ( new home ) so we gonna see as i just got it a few months back. Will be interested to see. Thx!

maybe i misunderstood then because it took 7 years to actually get fruit on my tree and that was only after my nieghbor planted a lemon tree.

But i could swear they told me i needed another tree nearby to pollinate.

well i have anohter one ( new home ) so we gonna see as i just got it a few months back. Will be interested to see. Thx!
If you live Louisiana, I would check the agricultural center website for LSU. Plenty of good info there.

This. That is why I grow satsumas and lemons in my yard. If you guys have the space and green thumb, perhaps go buy you a satsuma/lemon/lime tree (multiple if you can) and start to grow it. You never know.
The key to a green thumb is growing plants that thrive in your zone. The best gardener in the world is not going to grow bananas in
Minnesota or cherry trees in Miami

If you live Louisiana, I would check the agricultural center website for LSU. Plenty of good info there.

I reached out to LSU Ag way back ... maybe i remembered incorrectly and they were talking about something else. but i coulda swore they reiterated what i was told.

idk - all i know is soon as my neighbor put down that lemon tree, my satsuma tree started producing fruit.

Everywhere else in my life it's business as usual. You'd never know this virus existed. But then I come in here and it's like the entire world is in a dystopian nightmare where the living will envy the dead.
It is either a dystopian nightmare or a goal of beating the Coach Pete thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom