COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to my sister in Florence.

She was relatively unaware. She doesn't speak fluent Italian and trying to decipher news is like quantum mechanics.

So I gave her my un pw for online streaming direct TV.

So this am... Said indeed Lombardy and Veneto on lockdown. Some guy came back from China, went to bar with bunch of friends and that was where it all began. 156 cases today when only a handful Friday.
She went today and stocked up... Can't find hand sanitizer nor masks in Florence. Sold out. Told her I would FedEx some. Said starting Tues, possibly no mail delivery! She getting concerned. Will find out tomorrow abt school ( she is at Florence design academy). Luckily she said, she has been inundated with homework so hast been out at all last 3 weeks. Now has no plans unless to grocery or school (if that remains open).

She knew something was up when her friend took train to Milan, got halfway and train went in opposite direction to Rome. Where authorities interviewed every passenger to see where they were from or traveled from.
They just announced the trains from Austria to Italy have been suspended and then trains going through the quarantine area are also suspended.

For the grocery store, she may want to get on that train pretty quick (bad pun intended). Milan is a sheet show. Lot of pictures and videos of empty shelves and huge lines all over Italy, particularly Milan. You'll certainly have to ship hand sanitizer, it's in such big demand that anti-bacterial soap is sold out everywhere due to a virus. lol

Spoke to my sister in Florence.

She was relatively unaware. She doesn't speak fluent Italian and trying to decipher news is like quantum mechanics.

So I gave her my un pw for online streaming direct TV.

So this am... Said indeed Lombardy and Veneto on lockdown. Some guy came back from China, went to bar with bunch of friends and that was where it all began. 156 cases today when only a handful Friday.
She went today and stocked up... Can't find hand sanitizer nor masks in Florence. Sold out. Told her I would FedEx some. Said starting Tues, possibly no mail delivery! She getting concerned. Will find out tomorrow abt school ( she is at Florence design academy). Luckily she said, she has been inundated with homework so hast been out at all last 3 weeks. Now has no plans unless to grocery or school (if that remains open).

She knew something was up when her friend took train to Milan, got halfway and train went in opposite direction to Rome. Where authorities interviewed every passenger to see where they were from or traveled from.

Tell her to get some rubbing alcohol or in a pinch Everclear. Most hand sanitizers are mostly alcohol. It has to be over 60% to kill everything though.

An easy home made hand sanitizer would be rubbing alcohol with a few drops of essential oils added if you want it to smell nice. You can add other things but it has to stay over the 60% alcohol minimum.

just shows, even in science, there are complete pyscopaths. Man, I hate be a cynic inside when also viewing these types of issues.

When we allow companies to do their own safety studies on a product that could potentially make millions, lets just say we have a henhouse full of foxes.

They just announced the trains from Austria to Italy have been suspended and then trains going through the quarantine area are also suspended.

For the grocery store, she may want to get on that train pretty quick (bad pun intended). Milan is a shirt show. Lot of pictures and videos of empty shelves and huge lines all over Italy, particularly Milan. You'll certainly have to ship hand sanitizer, it's in such big demand that anti-bacterial soap is sold out everywhere due to a virus. lol

She found 5 packs... Ordered some more from Amazon.

Trading one pack for mask with classmate tomorrow. Said earlier starting to feel real. She is 90 miles south of Milan, but starting to see some signs of prep buying today. Stocked up for a good 2 to3 weeks for foods today.

It's crazy how quickly civilization breaks down in the face of something that is microscopic.

She found 5 packs... Ordered some more from Amazon.

Trading one pack for mask with classmate tomorrow. Said earlier starting to feel real. She is 90 miles south of Milan, but starting to see some signs of prep buying today. Stocked up for a good 2 to3 weeks for foods today.
Italy's government seems to be doing a really good job being transparent. They are telling people to stock up which is what the CDC suggests in all their training guides. Seems most of the world is listening to CDC training while the CDC goes the other way.

Meanwhile, back in the USA. The Diamond Princess passengers that returned with 14 people that had the virus put on the same plane with the other 100 or so that didn't have it can't find a home in the US. They were originally supposed to go to a building in California but the local government blocked that. Now they were set to go to Anniston, Al tomorrow to the FEMA training center but Trump just blocked that. These are the same people that Trump was irate for putting the confirmed cases on the same plane with all the ones without it. It's been a sheet show every step of the way for the US Gov.

So if the virus doesn’t remain potent for very long on surfaces, why is China putting “infected” money in quarantine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom