COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy's government seems to be doing a really good job being transparent. They are telling people to stock up which is what the CDC suggests in all their training guides. Seems most of the world is listening to CDC training while the CDC goes the other way.

Meanwhile, back in the USA. The Diamond Princess passengers that returned with 14 people that had the virus put on the same plane with the other 100 or so that didn't have it can't find a home in the US. They were originally supposed to go to a building in California but the local government blocked that. Now they were set to go to Anniston, Al tomorrow to the FEMA training center but Trump just blocked that. These are the same people that Trump was irate for putting the confirmed cases on the same plane with all the ones without it. It's been a shirt show every step of the way for the US Gov.

So it's after midnight in Florence.

My sis calls. Rome has 2 cases now. Milan is shutting everything down. Everything. Went back to grocery to stock up more only to find empty shelves. Went from 0 to 100 real quick.
She will find out in am about school. If indeed shut down, she out. She calling our relatives in Switzerland to make arrangements to go there instead of here for now. If she feels the need, she will fly home to Denver.

This was 2 hrs ago in the largest grocery in Florence city center.
View attachment VID-20200223-WA0000.mp4

When we allow companies to do their own safety studies on a product that could potentially make millions, lets just say we have a henhouse full of foxes.

I go behind 3rd party (paid by owner/expeditor) inspectors all the time. It’s a system designed for people to get approved or the inspector doesn’t get future work. It’s a show.

I apologize if this was already posted...
I know this tinfoil hat barely fits on my giant head but this is such a weird coincidence for their to be absolutely no link possible whatsoever.

My sis calls. Rome has 2 cases now. Milan is shutting everything down. Everything. Went back to grocery to stock up more only to find empty shelves. Went from 0 to 100 real quick.
She will find out in am about school. If indeed shut down, she out. She calling our relatives in Switzerland to make arrangements to go there instead of here for now. If she feels the need, she will fly home to Denver.

This is why I started buying extra food last week and this weekend. In large cities, groceries are smaller and the “days on hand” of food is less. A small run on groceries empties shelves quickly. I have gone from 1 week of food on hand to 3 weeks.

This is what is happening in Toronto. Not sure why they let the patient go home even if it was mild.

It's the right thing to do. You don't want to take up space in a hospital and risk infecting doctors and other patients if it isn't bad. Problem becomes, do you trust these people not to do anything stupid and actually stay home even after they start to feel better but sill shedding the virus?

If this isn't frightening to you, you need to check your pulse.

Stock market futures just opened up and it's not very happy to the news of the weekend.

How can they say “it’s unlikely the woman was infectious”? The research so far shows that right around the onset of symptoms carries a high viral load.
Sometimes things from government don't make sense. In another week more people will have officially recovered from the virus in China than has been infected.

Sometimes things from government don't make sense. In another week more people will have officially recovered from the virus in China than has been infected.
I'm not sure how we can know this to be true. The numbers there are just too suspect.

An example of how mortality statistics don’t tell the whole health picture. A mortality rate fails to convey the magnitude of the health risk.

I think I am gonna grab a few extras tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom