COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I started buying extra food last week and this weekend. In large cities, groceries are smaller and the “days on hand” of food is less. A small run on groceries empties shelves quickly. I have gone from 1 week of food on hand to 3 weeks.

I did today. Lil extra on some staples and will do same next week. Best case we have foods for good while worst case we are well prepared.

And I'm not ashamed to say I ordered anti viral masks yesterday and also went n got n95 masks (10 PK} today.

If we never use em, best 30 bucks I've spent

While I freely admit I question chinas numbers, it is at the point we should see that recovery number start to bounce back. Nothing we have seen outside of China suggests more than 2-2.5% death rate, and even this is beginning to look high in higher income western countries. China was caught dropping the ball with its fingers in its ears going nananana. But since it has taken measures no other country would dare to try to stop it.

I'm not sure how we can know this to be true. The numbers there are just too suspect.
It was a joke, you cant have more people recover than catch it. The Chinese propaganda has been quite a machine the past two weeks after a few days of what looked like actual reporting things changed drastically once foreign media left and the local reporters from China literally went missing without a trace.

I think I am gonna grab a few extras tomorrow.
Good idea. I think there are so many people who are sleeping on this right now. Honestly, if you weren't paying attention to this thread and just living your regular life, would you have any idea? I think that's how a vast majority of people in the US are at this time.

Good idea. I think there are so many people who are sleeping on this right now. Honestly, if you weren't paying attention to this thread and just living your regular life, would you have any idea? I think that's how a vast majority of people in the US are at this time.
My co workers wouldn’t even know if I hadn’t brought it up them. Probably load up one more box of bleach and gloves. Probably grab some pain medicine too.

I think people are aware but are in denial it could happen here. Even bigger, I think way too many people are not aware that the US isnt testing. They think we will see a case here or there start popping up but the likelihood of an area having an explosion of cases like what we've seen in other countries is quite high. It may be weeks or even not at all but I really think we are going to see an area in Cslifornia or NY just go with little or no warning and people just arent ready for that. So far its cost me a trip to the bank, some extra space used in my pantry and freezer and about $200 worth of safety gear and disinfectants to be really well prepared. Seems like a really cheap insurance policy to me.

I've kind of thought of this as just a race to a vaccine. If we can hold back the floods just long enough to develop and circulate something. But I've heard tons of different estimates on that timeline. A week, 3 months, 18 months, etc... Damn FDA restrictions might be the end of us. Thanks Obama!

Yes lets rush it through and risk a higher mortality rate than the coronavirus

I've seen an estimate that about 5 to 10 percent are taking this seriously I the US. The 5% are called preppers. The other 5% are the people that are actually paying attention.

My co workers wouldn’t even know if I hadn’t brought it up them. Probably load up one more box of bleach and gloves. Probably grab some pain medicine too.

Get pool shock. Calcium hypochlorite. You can store it pretty much indefinitely and a 20 pound bucket would last a lifetime when used as disinfectant. I think the dilution is like half a tablespoon to a gallon of water but don't quote me on it.

Apparently bleach has about a 6 to 9 month shelf life.

Edit: You can even use it to disinfect drinking water. 1 part shock to 100 parts water.

Yes lets rush it through and risk a higher mortality rate than the coronavirus
Still trying to make sense of this. Any vaccine first of all has to be safe. Hundreds of millions of not upwards of a billion dosages could be given. It has to be safe. While some countries getting hit hard may be willing to take higher chances, Europe and the US aren’t going to go through with a vaccine with multiple major side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom