COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to make sense of this. Any vaccine first of all has to be safe. Hundreds of millions of not upwards of a billion dosages could be given. It has to be safe. While some countries getting hit hard may be willing to take higher chances, Europe and the US aren’t going to go through with a vaccine with multiple major side effects.
I remember all the labs racing to claim vaccines for SARS and MERS too. More like a race to secure funding. Vaccine has been repeatedly stated to be 12-18 months away. Same thing was said about SARS but 17 years later we still dont have one. I do think we'll see one but that 18 month timeline seems optimistic.

Still trying to make sense of this. Any vaccine first of all has to be safe. Hundreds of millions of not upwards of a billion dosages could be given. It has to be safe. While some countries getting hit hard may be willing to take higher chances, Europe and the US aren’t going to go through with a vaccine with multiple major side effects.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic about rushing through a vaccine approval process. Essentially he thinks it's a bad idea to rush it. Seems to me what he's saying anyway.

161 new cases in ROK today.

Changed my routing out of thailand to avoid seoul and will fly home through doha on wednesday now then self quarantine

Probably wise. The US pulled staff and closed the Wuhan consulate at 850 cases. South Korea will hit that number tomorrow.

China hasn't been late getting numbers out since the outbreak began. Wonder what's up.

So it's interesting what's going on in Singapore - they have been among the most transparent and detailed with their case reporting. And after adding scores of cases, the count there has definitely leveled off. I think they have only added two or three over the past four or five days - and I think we have to presume that's accurate. Still way early to say anything conclusive, but has Singapore gotten their situation under control? It's also quite warm there, if there's anything to the climate angle, perhaps Singapore is benefitting.

This is a link my brother in law sent me. He was asking what I thought. I tend to be skeptical of articles like this but wanted your opinions on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom