COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Taurus keep this a no political zone. Thanks my man/mi lady.

Very well, though with the CDC seeming to drop the ball, there's an unavoidable political element like there was with Katrina.

Take this for what it's worth. My niece works in a clinic in the New Orleans area. I asked her this morning and she said they have been having a lot of people coming in over the last week or so with flu like symptoms but are testing negative for the flu. Many more than usual during flu season. If it is related we will likely start to see hospital visits in about another week. Kind of like how Iran didn't have any then all of a sudden they had hospitalizations.

This post is not meant to freak anyone out. Just to put this info out there. It may be nothing more than the common cold.
A bit more concerning considering it's Mardi Gras season and you have many people gathering in small areas. Ugh.

I keep wondering at what point does the stubbornness stop and world leaders finally decide to suspend all international travel until this is under control but the more I read the more I realise it’s probably too late for that now.

It remains to be seen just how bad it really is, but one thing is for sure, most of us are going to get it at some point, there’s doesn’t seem to be much chance of avoiding that any more.

Last week was a week off for all schools over here, they’re now all back from their trips abroad so id expect to see the numbers of infected start to rise pretty quickly in the next few weeks.

We have concentrated elderberry syrup. Tastes like cough syrup. It's supposed to be good for all kinds of infections. You can get it on amazon.

Both the purple and red varieties grow wild around here and they're both pretty gnarly raw. The red is a bit less objectionable. You really need to cook 'em from both a "denature the poisons" and "make somewhat palatable" perspective.

This summer I'm planning to harvest a bunch and try the native preparation method for the red elderberries; stick 'em in a wicker basket in cold running water for a month or two and let 'em sort of ferment into a paste.

A bit more concerning considering it's Mardi Gras season and you have many people gathering in small areas. Ugh.

Its likely something with the flu virus, and not a harbinger of impending infestations of COVID-19. Same thing happened to my son. He had all the symptoms, but tested negative. Tamiflu cleared him up. Our dr's office said they were seeing this a lot, as did the urgent care place my wife went to for flu-like symptoms. This was back in January.

Where are we finding the 8000 suspected cases in California again?

These are self-quarantine cases not confirmed illnesses. This is typically people who traveled from China with no symptoms and did not get tested as a result. These are also symptomatic low risk people.

I posted about VA numbers earlier and CDC decision chart that describes their risk categories. I worry that we are creating a case definition and testing parameters that don’t prioritize safety but capacity to test and desire to not create panic.

Edit: added CA article.

Last edited:
Very well, though with the CDC seeming to drop the ball, there's an unavoidable political element like there was with Katrina.
Totally understand your thinking. I appreciate your understanding.

Last edited:
Its likely something with the flu virus, and not a harbinger of impending infestations of COVID-19. Same thing happened to my son. He had all the symptoms, but tested negative. Tamiflu cleared him up. Our dr's office said they were seeing this a lot, as did the urgent care place my wife went to for flu-like symptoms. This was back in January.
Funny I saw this. I was at iris on at Charles and the family we were with tested positive for Flu A the next day. So far we are ok. *crosses fingers. Maybe all those shots all I got for going to Iraq are paying off, lol.

Funny I saw this. I was at iris on at Charles and the family we were with tested positive for Flu A the next day. So far we are ok. *crosses fingers. Maybe all those shots all I got for going to Iraq are paying off, lol.

This may not make you feel better, but my wife tested positive for Flu A as well, and she got the flu shot back in October. From what I read, the shot this year was mostly Flu B strains.

This may not make you feel better, but my wife tested positive for Flu A as well, and she got the flu shot back in October. From what I read, the shot this year was mostly Flu B strains.
Good for me then, haven’t gotten a flu shot since 2003 when I was deployed. Never have given one to my child nor has my wife taken them.

Why can't they give a shot with both strains in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom