COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must not post political tweets..so hard to be good.

Why is this classified? It’s an emergency funding request. That’s public all the time for hurricanes. I’m really curious about what gets leaked tomorrow.

Why can't they give a shot with both strains in it?
There is a group working on that right now. Just got funding from Gates Foundation.

They were highlighted in the Netflix Pandemic series. Check it out.

Why can't they give a shot with both strains in it?
I got the shot from our local walmart pharmacy. It contains 3 strains which are the ones predicted by health professionals as the
ones most likely to give the most trouble. Unfortunately, it's a guessing game and they aren't always right.

I got the shot from our local walmart pharmacy. It contains 3 strains which are the ones predicted by health professionals as the
ones most likely to give the most trouble. Unfortunately, it's a guessing game and they aren't always right.

Ok, so I'll take things a step further....why can't they just make a shot that includes all known strains and just keep adding to it over time? I think I may have asked this before (maybe, I don't remember for sure).

Ok, so I'll take things a step further....why can't they just make a shot that includes all known strains and just keep adding to it over time? I think I may have asked this before (maybe, I don't remember for sure).

Flu viruses mutate rapidly so last years vaccine for flu A may not work this year. They have to tweak the vaccine for each type of flu every year.

We haven't became this medically advanced yet. It is being worked on though like efil4stnias mentioned in his post above.
There is also the added problem of mutation which can occur during the season

Inevitably, if COVID19 is anything like cold or flu viruses, it's gonna mutate as well. I think coming up with an effective vaccine is gonna be a tall order.

Inevitably, if COVID19 is anything like cold or flu viruses, it's gonna mutate as well. I think coming up with an effective vaccine is gonna be a tall order.
The big delay for any vaccine is the animal and human trials needed to prove them safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom