COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a suspect case being treated accordingly.

Absolutely.

And up until 20 min ago, while it was a real possibility, the train station is a 5 min walk from her apt. It just got a level up for her.

So she checking flights now to Geneva as our uncle said cmon. If school suspends ops indefinitely, she out. Will stay in Europe for a month to let it play out but will be ready to roll out to Denver when needed.

Absolutely.

And up until 20 min ago, while it was a real possibility, the train station is a 5 min walk from her apt. It just got a level up for her.

So she checking flights now to Geneva as our uncle said cmon. If school suspends ops indefinitely, she out. Will stay in Europe for a month to let it play out but will be ready to roll out to Denver when needed.
Thank you for the update.

Take this for what it's worth. My niece works in a clinic in the New Orleans area. I asked her this morning and she said they have been having a lot of people coming in over the last week or so with flu like symptoms but are testing negative for the flu. Many more than usual during flu season. If it is related we will likely start to see hospital visits in about another week. Kind if like how Iran didn't have any then all of a sudden they had hospitalizations.

This post is not meant to freak anyone out. Just to put this info out there. It may be nothing more than the common cold.
This does not surprise me at all. Not saying these non-Flu cases are COVID-19 cases, but not saying they're possibly not either.

Well, if there's anything that might get Trump to light a fire under the CDC, it's the Dow losing 1000 points in one day during an election year.
I'm sure that the senior director of global health security of the national security council is giving him excellent advice.

Last year when i had the flu i tested negative. Doctor told me it was happening a lot and obviously that had nothing to do with the Coronavirus
Just something throwing more confusion into things

@bclemms You are quick

The CDC just elevated South Korea on the travel advisory list. They are just short 900 cases. The next question is how long before SK becomes part of the case definition?

Iran is basically locked down. Their neighbors are doing 14-day quarantine and canceling fights. Al Jazeera says 2/3 of country is canceling schools. A Qom MP says there is a cover-up and claims 50 deaths.

The best way to interpret numbers from China and Iran might be to look at their responses.

@bclemms You are quick

The CDC just elevated South Korea on the travel advisory list. They are just short 900 cases. The next question is how long before SK becomes part of the case definition?

Iran is basically locked down. Their neighbors are doing 14-day quarantine and canceling fights. Al Jazeera says 2/3 of country is canceling schools. A Qom MP says there is a cover-up and claims 50 deaths.

The best way to interpret numbers from China and Iran might be to look at their responses.

It’s inexplicable why travel in ROK isn’t on the advisory for suspect cases. It’s also weird that the US isn’t pulling people like we did in Wuhan at this same count. The only explanation is that we knew in Wuhan the official case count was way low - and in ROK we have more confidence in the situation. I suppose that’s rational.

Lot of good info here. I don’t necessarily agree with all of it, but it’s got some interesting notes and perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom