COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK - 970 cases and 11 deaths
Italy - 280 cases and 7 deaths
Iran - 95 cases and 15 deaths

I would guess the Iranian numbers are the result of Iranian healthcare not being on par with SK and Italy. Otherwise they may be much closer to 1k cases and lack testing capabilities or are suppressing public information. That just seems like a case to death ratio that is way off.

The house has already been cleaned, but never reoccupied and we still have a bureaucratic process.

The bureaucratic process will always be there. In emergency situations, there has to be political will to expedite things and cut through red tape. With all of the impeachment crap in recent months and Congress being as dysfunctional as it is, nothing is gonna happen until the virus starts spreading and killing people here.

It's incompetence of the highest order. It's sad and despicable this it's come to this. By the time they act, it will be past the point of no return. We may already be there. Meh.

SK - 970 cases and 11 deaths
Italy - 280 cases and 7 deaths
Iran - 95 cases and 15 deaths

I would guess the Iranian numbers are the result of Iranian healthcare not being on par with SK and Italy. Otherwise they may be much closer to 1k cases and lack testing capabilities or are suppressing public information. That just seems like a case to death ratio that is way off.

The Iranian numbers are ridiculously low considering all of the infected people coming from there. I suspect the real numbers are in the tens of thousands infected and hundreds, if not thousands dead. They're ultimately gonna be a bigger mess than China, imo.

Still not much happening really. No new positives reported (as of yesterday, 6,536 people have been tested in the UK, of which 6,527 were confirmed negative and 9 positive - plus another 4 positive from the Diamond Princess). So far there doesn't seem to be much in the way of person-to-person transmission in the UK.

People returning from northern Italy with symptoms have been advised to self-isolate and call the NHS, as has anyone returning from the quarantined towns in Italy. As last week was half term for most schools here, that affects quite a few people returning from short breaks and school ski trips. One of the schools mentioned in this BBC article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51625733 - is about 8 miles from where I'm sitting right now. Apparently they have some students with symptoms, but I'd think it's still most likely they'll just have colds. The UK seems to be relatively on top of testing, so we should find out over the next few days.
I'm really concerned for you guys. Europe is about to be in big trouble me thinks. Paris, London, Madrid and Barcelona among others are really going to struggle to keep it out.

Last edited:
CNN has gone down hill the last decade. Mainstream news is just not what it used to be.
I don't think it's helpful to start going down the rabbit hole of attacking media sources based on misunderstanding the articles they write and how international travel occurs.

I don't think it's helpful to start going down the rabbit hole of attacking media sources based on misunderstanding the articles they write and how international travel occurs.
Not just for that. There are many other things but I don’t want to expand on them in this thread.

For those interested. Getting harder to find masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom