COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like an opportunity here for enterprising individuals to clean up. Market pocket disinfectant packets, fashionable daily use gloves and masks, etc...

Summer Olympics could be in serious jeopardy of being delay, canceled or moved.......I guess.
Anybody heard anything?

Japan is hard to figure out right now. Yes there’s some talk (not official) of postponing - but Japan says all’s well.

Right now I’d say it’s even odds on whether it happens. Last week London’s mayor said London was ready to host in the alternative . . . which I found to be an idiotic thing to say right now.

Japan is hard to figure out right now. Yes there’s some talk (not official) of postponing - but Japan says all’s well.

Right now I’d say it’s even odds on whether it happens. Last week London’s mayor said London was ready to host in the alternative . . . which I found to be an idiotic thing to say right now.
I just found this:

London Mayor’s comment is so baffling. Perhaps too much spiked tea. What a silly comment to make.

Apparently senators from both parties have come away unimpressed and concerned from this morning’s briefing from the administration’s coronavirus team.

Apparently senators from both parties have come away unimpressed and concerned from this morning’s briefing from the administration’s coronavirus team.

Unimpressed regarding level of situational awareness? Readiness?

Just saw Blumenthal on cspan... Disastrously inadequate.

Like the plot of a bad movie - where they have to go find and re-assemble the previous team of scientists, who knew what they were doing, in order to find the cure. Where are our career experts? Will the egos step aside for the public good?

Edit: here's a good run-down on all things Covid-19 from the BBC:

Japan update again from forum I frequent:

Update: Tokyo time: 10 pm Tuesday night

Well, I had an entry before that was important, but now, forget it.

1. the health of Japan is at a critical juncture now
2. ship person 80 years old died at the hospital
3. ship 4 have died so far
4. ship 970 on ship that were released, now 28 of them have fever

5. IMPORTANT: hey folks, them health clubs (yikes) 3 people (staff/?) infected club has 600 users (conditions unknown yet) following the "cluster" here
6. 1 employee of employment office infected (wow) this could be real serious
7. Nagano Prefecture person 60 years old tested positive (first case in Nagano)
8. Japan: 864 known to have been infected /includes ship (I think people are still on the ship)? not sure no info on it
9. 149 Japanese now tested positive
10. 691 on ship tested positive including crew
11. university exams start today (big event for this) all students are wearing masks
12. sports: soccer no schedule yet
13. sumo : March 8th open championship --- possible no spectators
14. baseball ---meet tomorrow for details

15. now the virus outbreak
a. curb the speed of the spread
b. must control related cluster to cluster of known infections
c. top priority goes to the sporadic of known clusters of infections
d. govt. still discussing measures of the above
e. people must stay home/work if symptoms occur
f. employees are to work remotely if possible
g. stopping of events are left up to the organizers (this is crazy)
h. the closure of facilities (hmm...now what does that involve) if outbreak becomes severe
i. quarantine of location can be/will be implemented (yep, sounds like China now) no bs here this is serious (people may consider going on a shopping spree)

16. something about banning entry into Japan (sorry I didn't catch it all) don't know who is to be banned
17. lots of talk tonight (govt.) but little action so far
18. blame is being put on the govt. in Tokyo for slow action (hmm..)
19. this is interesting : much worry of spread of infection by : cab drivers, shopping, eating in restaurants and events
20. society may come to a halt (govt. words here folks)
21. failure to see an increase of infections can lead to an epidemic (wonder if the govt . in other countries plan that) (quarantine then, don't believe me, tough then, read the news)

22. if temperature is over 37.5 for 4 days call public health center or need to call hospital
23. severe symptoms will only now be treated at hospitals

24. common sense here: stay away now from big parties, try to avoid meeting (right, Japan is meeting capital of the world)
25. can you folks believe this: NO MENTION OF TRANSPORTATION THIS TIME holy smackers, that should tell you , that is their real main concern now. silence is golden, hmm I don't think so in this case

26. you all know this Markets are dropping (stocks I guess)

other news:
27. 229 infected in Italy, 11 provinces are now locked down (not sure what that means)
28. South Korea is getting hit hard for some reason: 970 people known to be infected , 10 have died, 144 new cases today, Mormon missionaries quarantine in their units (maybe too late for them to leave the country)?
29. Warning : stay away from traveling to South Korea Level 2 warning (thought it was Level 3)
30. South Koreans are not allowed in Hong Kong now as of Tuesday (today) common sense , right?
31. Japanese are saying the world is in a mess (like wow)
32. Markets in Europe are falling (how much , who knows, who really cares if your fridge is empty and the kids are crying of hunger
33. market trend is difficult now, but is showing a sign of no confidence

New:
4 new cases in Kumamoto wow lots of foreign students their (wonder what their ages are that are infected) hopefully I can find out tomorrow
1 new case in Nagano
more reports of new cases coming in (to be continued) tomorrow should have a heavy ride in cases, terrible to have to think that

that's it folks
time for a Sapporo beer

And yet Hawaii enjoys 1.5 million visitors from Japan each year. And the flights keep on coming. Our health dept is on the radio now with coronavirus updates ensuring us that there are no cases in Hawaii at this time. They leave out the part that they havent tested anyone. Also, I had a patient yesterday afternoon (I trust this person) that has a friend in Waimea that claims to have tested positive. Only to call her back 3 hours later to let her know it was a false positive. It won't be long until the shtf here.

Its 6am here now. I'm leaving for Costco at 9.

Last edited:
Listening to the WHO presser about what they experienced in China.

I think we've all severely underestimated China's response. I don't think they've been upfront with the numbers in Wuhan mostly because they were just overwhelmed though. As far as China's response repurposing the tools of an entire country, full lockdowns with widespread public participation, the isolation, contact tracing and building of hospitals, social distancing measures and quarantines combined with the use of technology and AI is apparently very much next level. This is a country that also had a plan in place after SARS and while they had a rough start no other country is capable of matching their response.

This is really good news for China. Really bad news for the rest of the world.

CDC is advising people to prepare in every aspect of life and be prepared for every aspect of life to change. As more countries experience outbreaks it's becoming increasingly likely that the USA experiences in increase in cases as well as outbreaks. Suggesting schools prepare now to set up video classes, businesses prepare in cross training employees, suggesting people to be ready for long lock downs, healthcare facilities be prepared for rapid increase in cases and to have plans in place, etc, etc, etc.

The live stream audio is absolutely dreadful so I missed a lot. Expect a lot of media panic articles coming soon though.

They specifically mentioned IntenseSaint, said don't worry, you're good but everyone else should prepare. :hihi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom