COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDC is advising people to prepare in every aspect of life and be prepared for every aspect of life to change. As more countries experience outbreaks it's becoming increasingly likely that the USA experiences in increase in cases as well as outbreaks. Suggesting schools prepare now to set up video classes, businesses prepare in cross training employees, suggesting people to be ready for long lock downs, healthcare facilities be prepared for rapid increase in cases and to have plans in place, etc, etc, etc.

The live stream audio is absolutely dreadful so I missed a lot. Expect a lot of media panic articles coming soon though.

They specifically mentioned IntenseSaint, said don't worry, you're good but everyone else should prepare. :hihi:
Is this their way of letting us know that things are way worse than anyone's been letting on?

Is this their way of letting us know that things are way worse than anyone's been letting on?
They are doing what they've been training to do for a pandemic which tells me they think containment is not likely.

They did say in the beginning of the phoner that the CDC has done a tremendous job of limiting spread and keeping any more new cases from getting into the country and the first media question was, "how do you know if you haven't been testing". So looks like the media is finally moving away from OMG Chinese Racism or The flu is deadlier or Wash your hands and have actually started to get real.

And yet Hawaii enjoys 1.5 million visitors from Japan each year. And the flights keep on coming. Our health dept is on the radio now with coronavirus updates ensuring us that there are no cases in Hawaii at this time. They leave out the part that they havent tested anyone. Also, I had a patient yesterday afternoon (I trust this person) that has a friend in Waimea that claims to have tested positive. Only to call her back 3 hours later to let her know it was a false positive. It won't be long until the shtf here.

Its 6am here now. I'm leaving for Costco at 9.
Stay safe brother.

I don't think it's helpful to start going down the rabbit hole of attacking media sources based on misunderstanding the articles they write and how international travel occurs.
They’re both in Schengen. They have no border between whatsoever, geographical, immigration, imaginary, none.

Italy reporting 3 more deaths, up to 10. Also up to 91 new cases today for a total of 322.

I dunno if it’s that, but it’s finally acknowledged that it’s not going to be contained or it will magically go away. I mean anyone with a brain knows that this is coming, that organized things are going to be disrupted, schools will close, hospitals will be overwhelmed and a whole crapton of people are going to die if some of the existing antivirals don’t work really well. Anyone who is over 70 or has medical conditions should be really concerned.

I have important questions about this virus, like:

If all of the countries in the world cut off travel from China, who will be left to ruin the museum experiences of every other tourist in the world?

Last edited:
I just flew from Charleston to Reagan National - saw one mask the whole trip. Actually nobody was coughing on my flight, unusual for February.

Now I’m at my favorite ramen place downtown DC. Business seems a little light for 10 minutes to 1pm.

While that's nice, still entirely too small a sample size. If they have over 100 recovered and no deaths, that would be a different thing.
I agree. Still, like @bonnjer said, what are they doing over in Vietnam to get such seemingly highly effective results? It has to start somewhere & hopefully it becomes a trend.

I dunno if it’s that, but it’s finally acknowledged that it’s not going to be contained or it will magically go away. I mean anyone with a brain knows that this is coming, that organized things are going to be disrupted, schools will close, hospitals will be overwhelmed and a whole crapton of people are going to die if some of the existing antivirals don’t work really well. Anyone who is over 70 or has medical conditions should be really concerned.
This was never gonna be contained when flights are flying all over the place.

I just flew from Charleston to Reagan National - saw one mask the whole trip. Actually nobody was coughing on my flight, unusual for February.

Now I’m at my favorite ramen place downtown DC. Business seems a little light for 10 minutes to 1pm.

I picked up Chinese food for lunch yesterday and brought it back to work. Guy next to me sees the fortune cookie and ask what it says. I cracked it open, opened my eyes really wide and read aloud, "Haha birch! Now you have coronavirus." I don't know, maybe it wasn't funny to everyone but he laughed and I laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom